Mobile phone handsfree (3.5mm) buying advice

nikrusty

Adept
Hello fellow TE members,

I hope I'm posting this in the right section as it doesnt really fit anywhere else.

Here's the thing, I've a Motorola XT5 andriod phone which uses a 3.5mm jack for its handsfree.

Now the handfree ain't nothing great but it does the job for listening to music and receiving calls, but I want better sound.

I've been eyeing the Klipsch Image S2's or higher but there are a few hitches that I want help with.

Here are my priorities...
  1. I want better sound. Period!
  2. I would like a handsfree which gives good sound like the Klipsch Image S2’s and allows for calls, fast forward music etc.
  3. If it is wireless, it would be a dream

What do you guys advise?! If the last point doesn't, no probs, but 1st is of paramount importance.

You can go for MW600 its way better then Jabra Street.

Yeah I was considering that but here are a few concerns...

1. A friend of mine says its good but the gain is louder in Jabra Street. Not a biggy but just something to consider.

2. Will the display info of music work with other Andriod phones with music players like PowerAmp or Winamp?

Yeah I was considering that but here are a few concerns...

1. A friend of mine says its good but the gain is louder in Jabra Street. Not a biggy but just something to consider.

2. Will the display info of music work with other Andriod phones with music players like PowerAmp or Winamp?

Only draw back of Jabra is mic is too senstive, it will pick all the surrounding noise while on Call.

MW600 i have used with Samsung Galaxy S, ya it worked fine for me and it displayed all the contents, only drawback it it wont display the Name of the caller instead it will just display the number. rest everything works fine, but am not sure it will work with third party apps like Winamp, because i never tried it

Only draw back of Jabra is mic is too senstive, it will pick all the surrounding noise while on Call.

MW600 i have used with Samsung Galaxy S, ya it worked fine for me and it displayed all the contents, only drawback it it wont display the Name of the caller instead it will just display the number. rest everything works fine, but am not sure it will work with third party apps like Winamp, because i never tried it

Thanks V!bu, that was really helpful, going to Heera Panna to check out the rates of both Jabra Street 2 and Sony MW600

Update - Just bought Jabra Street 2, they are great. Bought from Heera Panna for Rs.2,600 without Bill.

I tried the Sony MW600, were quite nice but I found Jabra better, for a few reasons

1. It has louder sound.

2. Better bundled earphones anyday!

3. The screen on the Sony's just didn't matter to me.

Thanks V!bu for the feedback
<

Back