Mobile phone under 5K with wireless tethering capabilities (bluetooth or wifi)

As the thread says, I need to buy a phone that can tether my mobile data, either via bluetooth or wifi. Contacts synchronization ability is something that'd be preferable but not needed necessarily.

Not looking at tier 2/3 brands and want to settle with nokia/samsung and the likes.

The budget is limited and would want the phone to be as cheap as possible. The targeted usage is basic voice calling and providing wireless data to nexus 7 tablet.

As the thread says, I need to buy a phone that can tether my mobile data, either via bluetooth or wifi. Contacts synchronization ability is something that'd be preferable but not needed necessarily.

Not looking at tier 2/3 brands and want to settle with nokia/samsung and the likes.

The budget is limited and would want the phone to be as cheap as possible. The targeted usage is basic voice calling and providing wireless data to nexus 7 tablet.

EDIT: I realized that all the phones that support bluetooth Dial Up Networking would work with the nexus 7. So I am no more concerned with the WiFi thing and now I am looking for the phones that offer 3G/EDGE(Class 32) and have Bluetooth with EDR. Would prefer a Dual SIM, if possible.

Any suggestions now with the updated criteria ?

If you are interested in a one month old palm pixi plus from vodafone germany let me know. The 3g operating frequencies in India and Europe match and therefore 3g in the palm pixi plus works in India as well.

^^^
I don't recall Palm Pixi offering wifi hotspot capabilities. Any way, I didn't like it much.

I realized that all the phones that support bluetooth Dial Up Networking would work with the nexus 7. So I am no more concerned with the WiFi thing and can settle for the phones that offer 3G/EDGE(Class 32) and have Bluetooth with EDR.

Any suggestions now with the updated criteria ?

Back