Mobile Under 10k

meet6600

Adept
Hi,
I require a Phone under 10k to be used as Modem for Internet on my Laptop. Should offer multiple connectivity Options like Bluetooth, Cable etc and also should be easy to setup and use as my Dad would use it mostly. I am not into Locked USB Modems or Buying unlocked but unreliable USB Modems since already didn't have a good experience with them. Also Battery Life should be good and I would 3G Connection.

Questions:-

1. Q: Budget?
A: 10k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Any

3. Q: Preferred display type?

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: No

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Internet.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: No

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Nops

Thanks and Regards,
:happy26:

Thanks Mate,
Any reliable Nokia's as well? Well checked the specs of phones you mentioned but only explorer has a good 3G Radio which is HSPDA 14.4Mbps and HSPA 5.76 Mbps! I have seen explorer of my friend but signal strength was not great as in my Nokia which had better reception of 3G signals. Any Mobile with Good Reception as well as that would help me in getting good and stable speeds!

@Wolvarine thanks for your response as they have been very helpful I was asking the same to jaidonmitchell

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

There are lots of mobile phones budget under 10k like Nokia 5330 XpressMusic, Acer Liquid E, LG GX500, HTC ChaCha, Nokia C6, LG Optimus Net Dual, Samsung B7722, Nokia X5-01, Sony Ericsson Xperia mini pro, Spice S 9090, Blackberry Tour 9630, Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini, Nokia 500, Samsung Wave 533 ect. They all mobiles are an outstanding.
Well there are many that's why I posted for help!!
happy19.gif
Please suggest some Good 3G Phone from reputed manufacturer's which can meet my requirement well.
happy19.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw some reviews of Nokia Asha 302. It's one of Nokia's newest feature phones.
It'sSeries 40 platform offers an affordable, yet feature-rich handset experience.
However, with recent low-end touchscreen Android models getting dangerously close as far as pricing goes,
it would be very interesting to see if the new Asha 302 and its physical QWERTY keyboard would be able to remain relevant on the market.

But as far as i prefer you Nokia GSM Mobile Phone with 3G Connectivity & 5MP Camera - 6700 Classic is better.

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

Sorry about that, you are the OP here, clear your doubt with asking as many question with TE members.

Well bro just checked specs and for 3G Nokia 302 has HSDPA 14.4 v/s 10.2 of 6700! But where can I get this model?? My only concern is that it should work as a Data Modem. I have a HTC Desire V and Dad has his N8 for other things!:)
Give me the links for 6700 classic please if you can

HTC Explorer or LG Optimus Net/Dual. I won't recommend Nokia for using as USB modem mainly for one reason: can't charge off usb port. So while you plug the mobile into your PC/laptop it'll drain its charge and you'll have to waste time charging it again. Moreover Nokia Suite is required for Nokia whereas Android can do it with builtin tethering or just grab any USB tether app.

There are some Good 3G phone under 10k budget like Spice Mi-425, Samsung Gaklaxy Y, Samsung Galaxy Y Duos, Micromax A52, HTC Mobiles Explorer, Karbonn A9, Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro. They all are good and reputed manufacturer.
which one I should go for?

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

HTC Explorer or LG Optimus Net/Dual. I won't recommend Nokia for using as USB modem mainly for one reason: can't charge off usb port. So while you plug the mobile into your PC/laptop it'll drain its charge and you'll have to waste time charging it again. Moreover Nokia Suite is required for Nokia whereas Android can do it with builtin tethering or just grab any USB tether app.
thanks bro would check that asap....

Back