Mobiles in the range of 6000 to 10000

1762vijay

Disciple
Hello I am new to TECHENCLAVE.... I am going to home these holidays(Dussera)... My dad is probably(infact definately:eek:hyeah:) is going to buy me new mobile..
I am assuming the budget can be anything from 6000 to 10000.... So I am looking for few suggestions in the slabs of 10K, 9K, 8K 7K

I checked few of this forum posts and internet and made a list (Please if any other good mobiles are there pls add to the list and give me best mobile for each range)

RS.10000
Optimus ONE, SAMSUNG FIT,

Rs.9000
NOKIA E5

XCD35(less), MOTOROLA FIRE(more)

MOTOROLA CHARM

Nokia E5 odd one because I was thinking of durability(others r touchscreen)----- Also wat is the durability of these androids compare to other normal mobiles
About Dell XCD35... I dont think I will be changing roms or doing some geeky stuff to any mobile i buy(actually doing that geeky stuff modifying or changing roms, etc., is that simple?? please excuse me I am quite noob in mobiles(though quite a geek in general computing).. Becoz never used a highend mobile
PLEASE ADVISE ASAP with other mobiles also included)..

Also I have doubts in my mind about XCD35's durability and after purchase risk of functioning properly....

Please give me some details about durability of XCD...... comparing with LG O1 and motorola mobiles

I can talk a little on Android phones (lost touch of all others in past 2 yrs) :)

10k- i don't think there's any good option at this price tag.

9k - Optimus One (avbl for 9k at Letsbuy with coupon). Forget Samsung Fit, OP1 is way better in almost every department specially screen reso. and RAM, it lags only in cam as its 3MP but still prefer OP1.

8k - Moto Fire looks good. Although spec wise its a little backwards but good thing is that it will come with Gingerbread and QWERTY keypad. Although looking at the pic i feel keys might be a little cramped (just my feeling).

7k (even less with current offer) - XCD35. It definitely is a good choice if you are on a limited budget. If you get one with default Froyo and 512MB RAM, its great option with good screen size and reso. My doubts- mediocre battery and no official Gingerbread. Its very good at this price but not future proof (if you care about that).

Forget Charm, strict No. It looks good but its out of support both by manufacturer and community. You'll be stuck with 2.1, not good at all.

Don't worry about durability, all modern capacitive touchscreen phones are durable whether Android or others. Ignore any phone with resistive screen, they are a waste in today's time. I don't understand why Nokia is still living in the era of resistive screens, all their touch n type phones have it!

I am also looking for a cell phone for my sister, confused between XCD35 and OP1, its actually money (XCD35) v/s reliability (OP1).

Back