Budget 31-40k Mobo / CPU & RAM - Urgent - Need Help for MOBO

shashank_r_t

Disciple
Hi All,

Whilst I should have posted this before purchasing but it was an impulse buy and hence need your help in below config.
Q: What is your budget?
a.30-35K (CPU/MOBO/RAM only)

2.Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
a.CPU - Intel E6750 @ 3.2 GHz w CM N520
b.Motherboard - ASUS P5B Vanilla
c.Transcend JetRam 2*1 GB @ 800 Mhz
d.Power Color HD 4890
e.Corsair TX650
f.Samsung P2350 Full HD

3.Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
a.Power Color HD 4890
b.Corsair TX650
c.Samsung P2350 Full HD

4.Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
a.CPU - Intel i5 3570K (Already purchased)
b.Motherboard - Gigabyte Z77M-D3H (Need help if I should replace this?)
c.G-Skill Ripjaws X 1600Mhz - 2*8GB
d.ATi HD 5970 or 5870 (Planned for future - Not included in above budget)
e.128 GB SSD / 1 or 2 Gb HDD (Planned for future - Not included in above budget)
f.2.1 or 5.1 speakers (Planned for future - Not included in above budget)
g.Corsair 400R cabinet (Planned for future - Not included in above budget)

5.Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
a.Yes, will upgrade the following as mentioned above

6.Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
a.Mumbai
b.Open to online purchase

7.Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
a.No

8.Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
a.Gaming @ Full HD only
b.Photoshop / Imaging Softwares
c.VMware
d.Hackintosh
e.Watching HD movies

9.Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
a.Preferably no ASUS due to various issues with RMA (Not sure what is the current scenario)

10.Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
a.Strategy - Civilization 5 & others
b.Racing - Grid / Dirt / NFS series
3.FPS - Battlefield 3 / COD etc
4.RPG - SKYRIM etc

11.Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
1.Gaming - 1920X1080
2.Desktop - 1920X1080

12.Q: Are you looking to overclock?
a.Yes - Moderately

13.Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
a.Windows 7 64 bit
b.Linux
c.HAckintosh

In a sublime act of stupidity, I purchased Gigabyte Z77M-D3H motherboard. I chose this over ASUS P8 Z77V - LX as both had similar features but price difference was abt 3 K.
However on reaching home and further research I found that whilst the board is overclocking friendly and has good reviews, but its missing controls for modifying CPU and other voltages.

Fortunately I have not yet opened the package and hence hopefully primeABGB would replace it with other model.

Questions :
If I use this board, the voltage will be auto set by mobo and I understand overclocking will be limited. Based on searching around its seems ppl are able to achieve stable Overclocks of 4.3 Ghz albeit at higher vcore. So does it makes sense to use this board? Whilst 4.5Ghz is considered normal overclock for 3570K (on air) I am not conscerned for those 2oo mhz but what about the high vcore which mobos seems to use under auto mode?

Suggest another mobo but preferably in 10 K bracket as I am not looking for SLI ready or Wifi enabled boards but need a board with full set of overclocking abilities.

Thanks,
Shashank

Yea for moderate overclocking, you shouldn't worry about the voltages, the mobo will handle it fine. You can overclock decently without bumping the voltages.

shashank_r_t Go with this-
Intel i5 3570K-14.5k
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H-13k OR Asus P8Z77-V-15k
Gskill RipjawsX 2X4GB 1600mhz-3.3k
Thermalright Silver Arrow-3.8k OR Noctua NH U12P-SE2-4.3k

shashank_r_t Go with this-
Intel i5 3570K-14.5k
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H-13k OR Asus P8Z77-V-15k
Gskill RipjawsX 2X4GB 1600mhz-3.3k
Thermalright Silver Arrow-3.8k OR Noctua NH U12P-SE2-4.3k
He already bought the CPU and Mobo
but +1 to the suggestion for the mobo, of the OP can exchange his purchased mobo then he will be able to do the voltage bumps if needed.

Oh I missed the cpu bought part, he didn't mention it in the existing column hence I suggested. Op will get the different nobody if he hasn't opened package.
He already bought the CPU and Mobo
but +1 to the suggestion for the mobo, of the OP can exchange his purchased mobo then he will be able to do the voltage bumps if needed.

@amitkher - I am not interested in that 2-300 extra mhz, but my main concern is the high voltages (relative to the overclock) which different mobos tend to push even for moderate overclocks under AUTO mode
@Jakob - Thanks for the suggestion. Same CPU & RAM already purchased but I went for 2*8 GB RAM. Gigabyte Z77M-D3H-13k OR Asus P8Z77-V-15k - Gigabyte was not readily available and both mobos are on costlier side and for features which I dont require (Quad SLI & Wifi - No idea what is the use of wifi in a gaming rig because you can't use it as for 24*7 operation hence that DLNA thingy is of no use)
Thermalright Silver or Noctua - May be I will go for those if I am unable to mount my existing cooler CM N 520.
@Ankur.J - Yes I most probbay have an option for replacement, but I dunno which mobo to go for as the only option apart from 2 @Jakob mentioned is ASUS P8Z77-V-LX for 10.5K

Last edited by a moderator:
The [FONT=Verdana, Segoe UI, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]P8Z77-V for 15k is the best upgrade, if you want to tweak voltages TBH.[/FONT]

Back