PC Peripherals Mobo for Core2Duo

aabcrescent

Disciple
Suggestions for choosing motherboard!

Which board suits best for Core2Duo processor?

I'm not able to choose the motherboard for this processor. Can any one pls help me in this regard.

I came across few boards like
Intel:
G31- DG31PR - 16x, V, S, L
DG41- DG41RQ - 16x, V, S, L
DG41 -DG41TY - 16x,V,S,L,Parallel Prt
DG41- DG41KR- 16x,V,S,L,DDR3, HDMI DDR 3 RAM - Does this board support
a DDR 3 RAM alone or does its supports DDR2 and DDR3.

Or should I go for any chip-set like ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte.

If chipset is the better one over Intel branded then which model is good or rather better for gaming and up gradation.

Budget is max 4.5k

People have replied in your previous thread with numerous AMD configs which are much better than the C2D's.

AMD processors rules price to performance till 6k price point.

Why be a fan boy?

Finally you are the one who is gonna end up paying more for less

But some people are never listen :no: Its your money though so your choice in the end.

But at least go for the new Core i-5 530(6k) + Intel DH55TC(5.7k) - 11.7k if you are adamant about getting a Intel. This is a DDRIII set up and the IGP is also better than the G41/G31.

It has hyper threading and is much better than the C2D.

Karthi007 said:
People have replied in your previous thread with numerous AMD configs which are much better than the C2D's.

AMD processors rules price to performance till 6k price point.

Why be a fan boy?

Finally you are the one who is gonna end up paying more for less

But some people are never listen :no: Its your money though so your choice in the end.

But at least go for the new Core i-5 530(6k) + Intel DH55TC(5.7k) - 11.7k if you are adamant about getting a Intel. This is a DDRIII set up and the IGP is also better than the G41/G31.

It has hyper threading and is much better than the C2D.

I can understand ur frustration. For ur kind information I own a laptop with AMD athlon X2 in it. I'm asking the config for my friends who is a fanboy of INTEL.

And moreover I have a desktop as well. Since my laptop is with AMD config I want my desktop to be intel based config just for a change. Thats it!!
And my cousin is also looking for a PC. He is fanboy of branded items. So I asked about DELL Inspiron as well. Which is around 27k with intel i3.

Moreover my friend owned an AMD desktop. His processor recently got burnt due to overheat. So he had to replace it. For considering all these things I have been raising queries.

Hope u can understand my state. Thanks!!

i u already buy processor then intel DG41KR is ok it supports ddr3 only

otherwise u can consider core i3 with Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2H

aabcrescent said:
I can understand ur frustration. For ur kind information I own a laptop with AMD athlon X2 in it. I'm asking the config for my friends who is a fanboy of INTEL.

And moreover I have a desktop as well. Since my laptop is with AMD config I want my desktop to be intel based config just for a change. Thats it!!
And my cousin is also looking for a PC. He is fanboy of branded items. So I asked about DELL Inspiron as well. Which is around 27k with intel i3.

Moreover my friend owned an AMD desktop. His processor recently got burnt due to overheat. So he had to replace it. For considering all these things I have been raising queries.

Hope u can understand my state. Thanks!!

AMD laptops processors are different from the desktop counter parts. I too dont recommend lappy's with AMD proccy as it will be enclosed in a tight space.

With PhenomII AM3 set up they are surely in the right step forward in the desktop platform. Even if you go through various reviews all review sites recommend AMD till a $100-$110 price point.

Still if you insist on Intel get the Intel mobo if you are not gonna OC. Intel vanilla boards are good enough for non OCers and RMA service is also decent. Faliure rates are also low.

If you are gonna O.C. then get the GA-H55M-UD2H. It uses Solid-state capacitors for the entire board.

Whereas the Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2H uses solid caps only for the CPU VRM areas

Back