CPU/Mobo mobo giving no display with gpu connected

klk

Disciple
hey guys,
need some help
I'm using Intel DH67VR
I5 (2400) , 4 gb transcend and 620W seasonic and Asus 660ti
everything was good till last 2 days then yesterday when i came back to my room and tried waking up my pc from sleep ,i got no display , re-started a few times still no display, connected the hdmi cord to on-board display and i could see the screen.
Checked the gpu with a friend and it was working fine in his pc , checked all ports of cards wondering if the hdmi slot of card was not working but still no display using all ports too.
so card is not faulty , psu is not faulty as i can see green lights of power supply on card if the card was not getting enough supply it would show red lights and in device manager too it doesn't show that the card is connected.
so i think my mobo's pci slot is not working, its in warranty if nothing helps then last option is replacement and hopefully i will get a upgrade of mobo as this mobo is discontinued.

You can try this out it works out many times. Disassemble your PC completely and then reassemble everything (including RAM, PSU, HDD etc). Btw PCI slots may stop working during power surges, even the board may get kaput. If you get those in our area then you may be sure the board has been shorted.

Thnks mate :) for suggestion.
I gave the board and processor for rma as the intel agent said send both to them and they will check ;) now i'm hoping that both get fault and i get upgrade though the chances are very less of upgrade still i can hope ;)

sometime due to some odd reason a graphic card can stop working on a particular motherboard but the same card may work on some other motherboard. I've seen this happening with at-least two 8600 GT cards.

@topgear the issue is exactly what you said

just tried my psu to my friends pc with my gpu and magic the card works
tried asus 610 card on my board and it works , tried a radeon card and it worked
tried my own card with a corsair 750w psu and it still doesn't work
finally after testing my with friends pc the results are gpu,board,psu,ram everything is working
just the gpu is not working on my board or the board is not working for my gpu :(

Any suggestions anyone to help on this issue

The beep codes is the way to properly troubleshoot the problem. When the bios is unable to properly do the POST(power on self test) it will generate beep code. each code will specify a different issue and each type of bios has different meanings to its beep codes. what you need to do is
1. ensure that the small speaker is connected to the motherboard. Most of the motherboards usually have this soldered on the board itself but some of them provide this as a detachable beeper. this usually connects to the berg pins where you connect hdd led and power reset pins.
2. during the post observe the beep codes and make a note.
3. google bios manufacturer's beep codes. for example phoenix bios beep codes

@booo there are on beep's , i'm using the pc with intel hd graphics, everything is working properly just the card is not being detected

I don't know why this happens but an educated guess is either the card gets weak [ taking power from mobos pci-e slot ] or there's some issue between the card and the mobos connector. Anyway, clean the card's gold plated connectors with an eraser and clean the mobos slot with a brush. Try mounting the card and try all of the display connectors.

Its seems some software problem, last night i reinstalled windows 8 and just tried the card and it was giving display then installed nvidia drivers and shutting down the pc, slept as it was too late and now in morning when i tried it again didnt gave any display, now installed windows 8.1 and installing updates , will check the card again after updates :( hope it will work now

Back