CPU/Mobo Mobo socket pin broken

tamocha11

Disciple
Hi guys,
A socket pin of my lenovo P45/Lga775 is broken accidentally while cleaning.
Is it repairable? Your valuable assistance is highly appreciated.

Would suggest to go to the computer centre in your area and ask hardware repair shops if they would do the same. At least have a pic of the broken thingy.

Thanks for the response. I have mailed to lynx-india to check if they can mend it as there is no such facility in my area.
I'll upload a picture soon.

Try calling him. Only other choice is to search for laptop repair centered who repair mobos. Only they would have the facility to solder the pin onto the board. Is the pin bent or come off?

The pin is broken halfway (in the middle). Anyways, I'll inquire by calling Mr.Amarinder and thanks pal for your kind assistance.

Please send a pic of the broken part, I have a guy who repairs laptops , motherboards, GPU cards - chip level repairing. I can show to him and ask him

thanks @chetansha. I'll upload a picture soon.[DOUBLEPOST=1398947300][/DOUBLEPOST]Here are the pics @chetansha
MB1.jpg
MB2.jpg
MB3.jpg

Attachments

• MB1.jpg
    MB1.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
I have repaired several of these pins but not broken but only bent ones and even extreme bent ones.... And till date all those system are working perfect... :cool:

Back