Modelling after a long looong time...

I'm into compositing. Its been a long time since i last tried my hands at modelling. I was never a good modeller. I still suck at organic modelling. But when i was learning cg packages, i always used to do inorganic modelling.Lol, i almost forgot all the menus in 3dsmax and maya cos i hardly need to use CG packages these days. SO it was like a quest to prove myself tht i can still handle cg packages. Though it took some time to get comfortable with the controls again.

SO yeah, its nothing special..just some of my amateur modelling work tht i did recently. :p

redindian1.jpg

redindian.jpg

redindian2.jpg

I had no reference for this model...i just followed my instincts..i'm a big bike fan. So i just kept adding parts like u wud add in a custom bike garage..:p

And this is how i started..the bare bone chassis...:p
bikerbuildoff6.jpg

Rendered in mental ray.

This one was done on 3dsmax...:p But now i'm kindof more comfortable using maya...:p

And its a bit too glossy, i know...but just felt like going overboard with the glint off the chrome..:p thts the best part i like about cruisers..:p Tht shiny chrome..:p

wow ...wow. !!! you made dis from scratch ?? looks great...

dunno where do u guys learn all this stuff from ?? by urself using some guides..or from some professionals...

i too want to try something in modelling..but dont know where to start from...i dont even know to use photoshop :(

Thanks, faheem..:p I did learn cg packages at maac, but u know, i've simply forgotten everything..it took me some hours to get tht same kind of control over the menus like had when i was learning..and i'm still not quite comfortable with everything...i have to keep looking for shortcuts all the time.. and tht increases the time to model...but anyways, it was fun after almost 2 years of learning 3ds..:p

Why don't you try using some softer lights..those shadows are too sharp.Try using a simple 3 point lighting studio setup, will work wonders on your model, believe me :p

Nice work ...

its really amazing for someone like me who tried bits of 3dMax or maya and finally gave it up.

If I find some really basic tutorial I would still love to start all over. All I can do is buid some maps :p

F|0ccY said:
Why don't you try using some softer lights..those shadows are too sharp.Try using a simple 3 point lighting studio setup, will work wonders on your model, believe me :p

I know..:) But i just didnt work on the lighting at all..i just was seeing if i cud model like i used to..:p Infact i didnt evn want to put up any material, was thinking of rendering using ambient occlusion..:p But then the chrome wud have gone..so...

Alright, i'll render it again with a proper lighting setup..:p
And, thanks, sidhharth..:)

Thanks, Zhopudey sir!! :)

digital_brain said:
looking at the title i thought you are going to post some pics of yourself, those you posted on orkut :p

Lollllzz...:p Tu bhi naa...:p

Saiyan said:
Nice work there Ryan :eek:hyeah:

Thanks, saiyanie...:p

nVidiaBeast said:
post back view also... do u also tried making F1 model?

Alright, will post tomorrow...:) too tired right now to render again..:p And yes, i have modelled a few cars too..will post tomorrow. :)

^The concepts are similar, especially 3dsmax n autocad..(n they come from the same company) and u can integrate them both in your workflow, if it is required. but yes, working on the packages...world apart. :p

And thts nice work, Ero-Sannin. :) Keep up the good work. :)

Back