CPU/Mobo Monitor and Motherboard

1. What is your budget?
16K max
2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E7500
Motherboard - Asus P5KPL AM/PS
GPU - MSI GTS 250
RAM - Cosair 2x2GB
Monitor - 15" Samsung CRT
PSU - Gigabyte 460W
3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
All except Monitor and Motherboard
4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
Motherboard - My Asus motherboard is dead and i am looking for a replacement within the budget of 4k.
Monitor - 22" Monitor. My Budget for Monitor is 13k Max. Is there a 24" Monitor in this budget ?
5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
I will save for around 6 - 8months and then upgrade to a Better CPU Mobo RAM and GPU.
6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Mumbai and Open to online purchase
7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
Yes.
8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming
Browsing
Desktop Processing
Download rig, 24x7 operation
Watching HD movies
9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
No Brand Preference
10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
FPS mostly
Racing
11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Since i have a 15" Monitor, the resolution for desktop and Gaming is 1024x768
12. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Win7

my CPU + GPU still gives a decent performance at Low resolutions and Medium settings and i want to continue using the same as i want to use the maximum out of it and they go for an upgrade.
I will be upgrading Phase wise, so i want a new monitor preferably a 24" (i want a bigger screen as i will be getting a console sometime in future )if it falls within the budget or else i am happy with a 22".
Also, my LGA775 chipset mobo is dead and i want a replacement for it for about 3k - 4k.

Thank you all.

Last edited:
You would need a LGA775 socket AND DDR2 memory supporting motherboard. I would suggest getting a used mobo instead of getting a brand new, which will be again difficult to find in a good price. I have seen few being sold in TE Market section, you might want to have a look.

Back