Monitors Monitor and transformer?

ajex

Adept
i wanted to ask a nooby question that is it possible to directly connect the monitor to the power socket without any CVT or UPS in between?

Plz enlighten me on this issue:S

BTW i hav 17" Samsung syncmaster 793s

Thanks in advance

go ahead...shldnt be a problem....as long as ur area recieves constant power...

eg: does ur household lights flicker and dim sometimes??

now days nearly every product has a smps power supply for its working for eg, computer, tv, mobile phone charger, dvd players...every thing now days have a switch mode power supply....and in this there is certain amount of filter involved in them to make them work properly so I dont think it is a problem to connect the monitor direct to mains until there is some major fuctuation in the line as the power from the mains is quite clean from spikes or anything like that.....
to check for a fuctuation take a DMM and check the voltage variation

the reason why i started this thread is becoz my ups cant handle the load with the monitor plugged in it when iam playing the games (due to the high power consumption of my 7600GS) and thus when the light goes out my PC turns off instantly (not even reboots). So i managed to use my old CVT which i hav from 16-17 years (it came with my 386 :)) exclusively for the monitor but sometimes when i switch on my cvt the MCB of my room goes down! so i wanted to ask whether it is safe to directly plug the monitor to the mains...

i dont hav voltage fluctuaions in my area!
So plz answer in simple yes or no:p

waiting for reply............

Back