Monitors monitor becomes yellow..

riturajnitk

Disciple
:S //Hello all,
Few month back this was the Weird Prob my monitor faced.... actually when i was using my comp.. Suddenly it became slight blue.. after some days using the same... its becomes it normal...
now day before yesterday.. It has become totally yellow.. I dont know wht tht pro its facing... actually some of my Frnd told me to pass A MAGNET infront of the monitor.. :ashamed: .. I don think this will wokr..
pls tell me wht cud be done...

Regards.. All.

If all the Cables are secured tightly, there may be a problem in the Raster. just call the service center guys and they will be able to fix it.

even i face a similar problem...just straigten out the monitor cord at the point of attachement to the cpu....mine give me a tint of red sometimes yellow..
i just twist the wire a bit on the otherside it.normalizes....frequent coz is long term compression of the wire while twisted...cheerss...

I have the same problem. It becomes reddish for me.

The cable is loose. Check if the cable is fit properly into the GPU. Sometimes, just try bending the wire in different directions. For me, the bending wire trick works :D

Nikhil said:
I have the same problem. It becomes reddish for me.

The cable is loose. Check if the cable is fit properly into the GPU. Sometimes, just try bending the wire in different directions. For me, the bending wire trick works :D

aIt can go from bad to worst!

U can get the VGA Cable replaced,
Charges would run from Rs.400-700 depending on ur luck :p

so its not the prob with my MONITOR.. cz.. someone said.. CHROMA gone...i duno wht this chroma is ??/

well i wll try to twist the cable till teh natural colour comes...

Hey did u place any magnetic material near monitor? i mean ur subwoofer?

it will cause the Color change and destroys monitor in long usage

u can try degaussing if there is an option.. i think its there in all the monitors - be it digital or analog.. check if there are any electronic devices near it or sticking to it.. also try reseating the graphic card if you have one.. it happened to me once.. my graphic card was not seated properly and the images coming out from the display were distorted and were showing a dark green and yellow tint on one side of the monitor..

Actually i hv subwoofer that hangs on to monitor.. THOse came back with Compaq.... i hv been doin this for long time.. aprxx 2 years..:( . well now it became yellow.. so wht can i do now to fix it.. is there way i i can fix at home.. or do i go service center...
In Worst case do i need to buy a new one/.?????:huh:

^
THAT is the problem...
subwoofers have a huge magnetic field!
this field magnetizes parts of the picture tube over a periog of time...
this causes undesirable deflections to the electron beams and tints are produced...
to prevent such effects degaussing happens automatically in all crt monitors in the first 1 second after you switch it on.

if the automatic degaussing is not enough to remove the external field, it is recommended to carry out external degaussing
that is what your friend ment about moving a magnet about the screen...
id suggest you get the monitor checked...
if the external degaussing dosent work, it becomes necessary to change the alignment of the electron guns...

never ever keep the woofer next to your monitor...

Hey,

those are not subwoofers, and surprisingly, my monitor, same compaq mv540 15'' is also turning yellow sometimes. I just hit my table or monitor and it's fine again hehehehe

^

THAT is the problem...

subwoofers have a huge magnetic field!

NO even though putting a sub close to a CRT is ill advised, his problem does not seem to be stemming from that (note the screen is completely yellow bit in the OP)

A screen screwed due to magnets will show color transformation only in specific areas.

A screen with bent/impproperly seated cable will cause the entire screen to show yellow/ble/red hues due to the monitor not getting the thr R/G/B signal correctly

Gurpartap Singh said:
Hey,

those are not subwoofers, and surprisingly, my monitor, same compaq mv540 15'' is also turning yellow sometimes. I just hit my table or monitor and it's fine again hehehehe

Same problem for me.... as I said, the cable is loose.

Yup, +1 to superczar n nikhil. This is nothing to do with the subwoofer :p + most new ones are quite properly shielded too :)

Its simply a cable issue with the VGA cable or something internal. Get it checked/replaced.

superczar said:
NO even though putting a sub close to a CRT is ill advised, his problem does not seem to be stemming from that (note the screen is completely yellow bit in the OP)

oops.....din notice it was uniformly yellow all over....

well..in that case..it surely has to be the cable...

Back