Monitors Monitor black outs

dexterz

Adept
Using a benq 27inch monitor and it blacks out in couple of scenarios but not always when the trigger event happens.

1. When I switch off my Swanns M10 and at times when I switch on the M10. Speaker and woofer are adjacent to the monitor.
2. Power cuts or resumes while gaming.

pcpartpicker shows a power consumption of around 450w. The rig runs off a corsair 650w (4.5yrs old) and a numeric digital 1000plus 1kva UPS.

The speaker related blackout is happening after changing from logitech to swans. Is it due to EM interference? poor shielding? should I move the woofer away from the monitor?
The monitor going black during power cut or when power resumes happens randomly. Is it due to psu or ups?

I get my monitor temporary blackout when I switch fan on/off in the same room.
The monitor is connected via DVI cable to the motherboard.

I get my monitor temporary blackout when I switch fan on/off in the same room.
The monitor is connected via DVI cable to the motherboard.
this happens to my tv when i switch on/off the fan on the same switch board. have to press the switch softly to avoid black out.

Electrical disturbances such as small sparks etc. will cause this. Nothing major to worry about. If you have a problem with this then get your switches checked for loose connections and/or get better quality switches.
This includes switches to any other appliances on the same phase connection as the monitor.

The speaker related blackout is happening after changing from logitech to swans. Is it due to EM interference? poor shielding? should I move the woofer away from the monitor?
The monitor going black during power cut or when power resumes happens randomly. Is it due to psu or ups?
This EM interference is common in old wrings/homes. Whenever I used to adjust fans regulator speed, either the speaker used to make some noise or the monitor sued to flicker!
Nothing much can be done as even a rewiring thing wont guarantee resolving this issue but only if the entire wiring till the house meter is too old, one can think about renovate entire wring.

This EM interference is common in old wrings/homes. Whenever I used to adjust fans regulator speed, either the speaker used to make some noise or the monitor sued to flicker!
Nothing much can be done as even a rewiring thing wont guarantee resolving this issue but only if the entire wiring till the house meter is too old, one can think about renovate entire wring.
In my case the speaker related blackout has started only after changing from Logitech to Swans. Logitech speakers didn't have an audible noise when switched on or off but the Swans does. The flat and wiring is only 4~5yrs old.
Electrical disturbances such as small sparks etc. will cause this. Nothing major to worry about. If you have a problem with this then get your switches checked for loose connections and/or get better quality switches.
This includes switches to any other appliances on the same phase connection as the monitor.
the connection is like this > Socket->Wipro Smart plug->UPS->PSU/Monitor/Speakers. Using a flat to indian socket convertor for the Swans speaker.

Last edited:
Happens with new wiring too. My bldc fan switches off and starts back again if i switch off power to tv. I think it's because of the switches and not the wiring. I put MCB next to the tv switch. If i switch off MCB then fan doesn't stop. I think some modular switches are just badly made and make sparks or something that creates such interference.

this happens to my tv when i switch on/off the fan on the same switch board. have to press the switch softly to avoid black out.
instead of softly i do fast press as slow would make electric shock noise..
sometimes with doorbell too..
i notice this is something to do with vid d2h box as i dont see this often when i play medita through pen drive.

Using a benq 27inch monitor and it blacks out in couple of scenarios but not always when the trigger event happens.

1. When I switch off my Swanns M10 and at times when I switch on the M10. Speaker and woofer are adjacent to the monitor.
2. Power cuts or resumes while gaming.

pcpartpicker shows a power consumption of around 450w. The rig runs off a corsair 650w (4.5yrs old) and a numeric digital 1000plus 1kva UPS.

This can be because of loose cables or poor spike guard. Most of the spike guards available in market are total waste try diy ur own power distribution.

Back