Monitors monitor gone kaput

sri_rng

Adept
My LG 17" monitor is not switching on.. The led light keeps blinking very rapidly and it doesnt respond to any button press. I used to face this prob before and it used to last for 5 mins or so.. but now its not switching on at all..

It is still under warranty. But in the bill it is printed as a 15" monitor :( .Will it be a prob? what is the procedure for Monitor repair under warranty? Where is LG service center in Bangalore? The official website directs me an ambiguous address.:mad:

PS : Please edit the thread heading.. sounds bad :(

Didn't you check the bill when you bought it?Anyways you might have to try convincing them them that it was a mistake? btw,is the price also different in the bill?

There's definitely something wrong with some transistor in the monitor or problem with your vga cable.I recommend you get it checked.

Have you referred to the 'troubleshooting' section of your monitor's manual??

And which LG 17" model is it?

its LG 700 E. The price is of a 17" monitor only. I asked a local technician, he said its a prob with power supply and it will cost me 200 bucks to repair. But its under warranty, even though it would do me the same damage to go and return it, don't wanna take risk as warranty will be void. It did not come with any manual. :(

no prob with VGA, cos even when I disconnect from the comp, the problem persists.

sri_rng said:
its LG 700 E. The price is of a 17" monitor only. I asked a local technician, he said its a prob with power supply and it will cost me 200 bucks to repair. But its under warranty, even though it would do me the same damage to go and return it, don't wanna take risk as warranty will be void. It did not come with any manual. :(

no prob with VGA, cos even when I disconnect from the comp, the problem persists.

Well,just go to the LG service centre and show them the bill ,explaining the misprint.
I'm sure they would help you by replacing your faulty power cord.
They after all claim excellent after-sales support!

Do you know where the LG service center for monitors is ? :( Their website has a weird address, belgaum and Bangalore, like belgaum is a lane in Bangalore whereas its a city by itself..

My LG 15" inch LCD Also not working .{not under warranty}

So anyone has a address of LG service centre in mumbai or somewhere

in lamington road ?

Do u they provide onsite repair like samsung ?

Back