Monitors Monitor Help Urgent!!!

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
Finally decided on my Rig but now the bad luck part,Can't find my desired monitor which is Viewsonic E72f+ model.:mad:

Now all I need is opinions from existing Viewsonic & Samsung "CRT" monitor holders as to which latest model would be a good choice.As a high priority it needs to be a flat screen(duh!),supporting 1280x1024 @65Hz,must look absolutely gorgeous(preferably a equvivalent of E72f+ ).:eek:hyeah:

Last but not least please don't start recommending any TFT models as I am seriously & I repeat,am seriously not interested in TFT's as of now.

Thanks in advance people.

65Hz? Anything below 75hz is seriously bad for your eyes if you plan to use those resolutions... Altho 85hz is recommended. Wat sort of budget do you have? The samsung dyna flat range is pretty good... good looks.. good performance as well as some gimmick about it releasing ions that are good for your mind and body.. blah blah.

PriyoBan said:
65Hz? Anything below 75hz is seriously bad for your eyes if you plan to use those resolutions... Altho 85hz is recommended. Wat sort of budget do you have? The samsung dyna flat range is pretty good... good looks.. good performance as well as some gimmick about it releasing ions that are good for your mind and body.. blah blah.
I totally second what Priyo just said.:)
Any resolution below 75 is a total disaster.:mad:
Use a 17" CRT at 1024x768 or get a 19" CRT for 1280x1024 at 75/85hz.:cool2:

And i am not at all suggesting you go for a samsung 740N or something simlar which is way more power-saving, smaller in volume, lighter, bigger in viewing area (almost 19"CRT like) compared to a 17"CRT.bleh:

Uh ok.Then any recomendations? I mean not planning to use to resolutions but just would like to use it in some games when I would have the urge to push it to 1280x1024.Anyways need some quick models people.How is Samsung 798MB Plus?

^^Thats a pretty good monitor, the color reproduction and the contrast on the monitor is superb and externally also it looks pretty good. You still haven't quoted your budget, it'll be easier to choose once you know that.

That would be a TFT right? trust me I am not interested in it plus even my budget would overshoot.:(

BTW my range would be around 5.5k to 6k at the max.At present I have 2 choices in front of me either the 798MB plus which everyone is pushing me towards or the LG E700SH again at which I am sceptical about since I loathe LG brand.Do let me know if I have other good choices buddy.

Back