Monitors Monitor Help

soggy316

Adept
Here's the deal -

I have a E248WFP,

Since i moved to chennai from pune, i had to bring the whole rig here.

I came by Jet airways and marked the monitor box, the cabby etc. as fragile.

I used the original packing for the monitor, in addition to an additional layer of bubblewrap around the screen.

I came here, unpacked and saw the blotches you see in the pics below.
So my questions are:

1) WTF is this? (its the LCD fluid right?
2) Is it my fault this happened, or is it a monitor defect?
3) If it is due to bad handling or whatever, why only two areas? why wasn't the whole screen damaged?
4) Is it RMAable?
5) If not RMAable, is it fixable (and if so at what cost?)
Here's what i know about these blotches -

The pink lines are fading away slowly.

The long black line to the left wasn't there before, the fluid creeped to the top and now its receding.

There is no physical damage on the outside - no cracks/bruises etc that are visible in those areas
I have been living with this for over a month, and have learned to live with it, for games and movies, and now it does not bother me much except when teh black stuff blocks some text of a word file.

I can live with this for two years without a hitch and buy another screen after that, but i would like to know, if it is fixable or RMAable.

TIA

Really sad for u bro...

I has same problem with my mobile... happened cause the screen got cracked n had to change the screen...

But for this case I doubt if anything as such can be done? Y don't u talk to the customer care... or some service center??!!!

well apparently no phisical damage...so try calling service center/helpline.
coz neway u'll have to live with it, whether u call them or not.
you might get lucky, try.

my mom got all her newly bought plates and all got broken by the shipping guys. i really hate them when they r not doing their work properly

I am wondering - is this due to the X-Ray machine at the airport? and if so, if i connect it via the VGA cables and demagnetize it - would it go away.

I am going to call the service centre, but would like some gyaan before i do.

Its not due to any xray or anything. its simple pressure being applied to the screen damaging it. They will prob say its physical damage.

My 2 cents anyway. No harm in trying of course :)

soggy316 said:
I am wondering - is this due to the X-Ray machine at the airport? and if so, if i connect it via the VGA cables and demagnetize it - would it go away.

I am going to call the service centre, but would like some gyaan before i do.

It isn't because of the x-ray machine.....Even i have once took my monitor to another city on flight.....but nothing happenned :p

techie_007 said:
Its not due to any xray or anything. its simple pressure being applied to the screen damaging it. They will prob say its physical damage.

My 2 cents anyway. No harm in trying of course :)
Thats what i thought too, but why only at 2 points, and why are the pink lines fading away if it due to pressure (implying physical damage somewhere)

call up dell, tell em ure monitor has dead pixels and act noob as you dont know anything, they will send a replacement monitor, take that and pack this up and give it to them

Rave said:
call up dell, tell em ure monitor has dead pixels and act noob as you dont know anything, they will send a replacement monitor, take that and pack this up and give it to them

+1....Might work out

Back