Monitors Monitor Issue

prabs

Skilled
Monitor - Samsung T220 around 3 years old.

A strange problem started today. When I started my computer the monitor went beserk.

It started displaying a black screen with white edges which would eventually turn white. At first I thought it was a graphic card issue. On unplugging the DVI cable I noted that it was still showing random black and white with some amount of other colors on screen. I connected my laptop via VGA and the problem was still there.

Gradually the problem subsided and the screen was visible again. I reconnected the DVI cable and it was showing a white horizontal line on top of the screen. It went away after a while. The monitor was now working perfectly.

I switched it off for 20 minutes and turned it on again and noted that the problem had returned.

I am attaching a few pictures taken by me. I apologize for the clarity. If you look at a few pictures you can see the top of 4 desktop icons but there appears to be a blanket of white screen on top of it.

[attachment=9747:16524.attach]

Please Help.

Attachments

• IMAG0014.jpg
    IMAG0014.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 65
  • IMAG0015.jpg
    IMAG0015.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMAG0016.jpg
    IMAG0016.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 74
  • IMAG0017.jpg
    IMAG0017.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 64
  • IMAG0018.jpg
    IMAG0018.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 77
  • IMAG0019.jpg
    IMAG0019.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 59
Mods Please delete this thread. Panel was replaced by Samsung.

P.S. Sad to see over 90 views and not a single line of advice. Worse than the Lightbulb joke.

Back