Monitors Monitor OR small TV

Kneo

Adept
Hi,
I am using my existing computer as a TV unit too by attaching an external TV Tuner card on my 17" Samsung monitor. This is my second TV Tuner after using an internal one for a couple of years. All the TV tuners dont have much life (max two years in my exp) and are generally of low build quality. A few keys on the remote stop working, the output of the graphic card which is redirected via the tuner box is not very pure (at times the magnetic interference or back current from the cable causes some interference in the signal resulting in wavy lines on the monitor).

I am looking at a solution for this. Does it make sense to go for a viewing device which can be used as a TV i.e. can connect a cable to it and has a remote of a very sturdy quality. This unit should be able to view TV without switching the PC on and it shouldnt cause any interference to the output of my graphic card to the monitor.

Is there a single device (monitor/TV) that can do both i.e. is there a TV that i can plug my graphic card output into or vice versa ?

I am currently using Leadtek 7600GS Xtreme Edition and am looking of a cost effective solution.

Thanks

Back