Monitors Monitor queries

amitmk

Adept
Current CRT monitor seems to be conking out. Hence need to buy a new monitor.

Usage is just for normal applications like the net, MS Office. No gaming, No movies.

I have one basic query before i ask for suggestions .. When does one choose a wide screen monitor over a regular one?

Any suggestions for a 17-19" monitor in max 7500. (from the lil price check that i've done online I think i can a good 17" for abt 6500)

I've been a Samsung fan since the last 10 yrs for any display panels. Be it TVs, monitors, LCDs. And I know their after sales service is also good. Donno if Dell/Benq can be considered as established brands here.

Pls advise

This is a decent article from Newegg which explains why widescreen displays are here to stay - Newegg.com - Learning Center,LCD Monitors

Displays with the 4:3 ratio is practically obsolete now. Although you may find models with the 5:4 aspect-ratio.

Besides, if you haven't been in the scene lately, Dell has established a good customer base with their LCDs and laptops alike. Dell E1709W gets my vote. :)

^Talk about decent performance backed up by excellent customer service. ;)

I was referring to this one - Dell E Series E1709W 17"W Monitor | Dell India

There is not much difference between the 2 models minus the curvy bezels and stand design.

Hey, I just noticed these models don't have a DVI input. There may be models from Benq/Samsung which has a DVI input.

Here's my suggestion : Dell s2009w @ ~6500rs. I am not a pro , but i think its a good deal to buy a 20" at 6500 .;)
It is available at smcinternational.in (REGD dealer on TE) :)

if u r buying a lcd after such a long time , my suggestion wud be to just get a regular 22 inch monitor because these have become the standard size of lcd these days , anything less than that is not considered a worthy upgrade ,
since ur budget is 7500 , i wud still say that get the 22 incher at around 8500 , it shud do away with al ur needs like browsing , ocaasional movies and gaming if at all in the near future and wud desist u from further upgrading anytime soon ,

19 or 20 inch wide screens look pathetic imo , not good for surfing at all

I wont be watching movies or playing games on it. I am pretty certain abt that.

I just found a 20" Samsung on 2033SW. Any feedback on that? 7690/- on ebay. I definately do not want to exceed 20" screen size.

The price on street of the samsung monitor you've mentioned is about 7k. I bought last july for 7200. Good performer overall.:)

Sandeepbg said:
Here's my suggestion : Dell s2009w @ ~6500rs. I am not a pro , but i think its a good deal to buy a 20" at 6500 .;)
It is available at smcinternational.in (REGD dealer on TE) :)
getting this for 6400 in Bom.

Anyone else suggesting this?

There is a Samsung B2030N widescreen for approx 7k.

Pls advise which one finally. Gonna get it delivered to my place tmrw.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Finally ..
Samsung B2030N or Del S2009W?

Dell looks a bit ancient with its curved edges and non glossy finish.

I Need to buy a new BENQ G220 but the cost at ebay seems to be at a constant Rs 8569/-, So i decided to sell off my old Samsung SyncMaster 17" CRT(in Fully working condition). The Price i am expecting is somewhere close to 3500 but is negotiable. The monitor is just 2 years old. If any one here is interested in buying it, he can reply to mesmartyniru12345@gmail.com or contact me on 9821542332
Thanks

Stay away from 2033SW - The monitor looks good but not the greatest performer. - Comes only with VGA cable (not necessarily a con) but the Benq G2220 HD comes with DVI (if i'm not mistaken)

I had bought the 2033 samsung monitor for my parents - it is definitely ok for surfing etc. but it has a severe backlight bleed. It doesn't show up during surfing but dark photos and dark scenes in movies get affected due to the annoying bleed. I know you won't use it for that, but i'd still recommend BenQ.

niru12345 said:
I Need to buy a new BENQ G220 but the cost at ebay seems to be at a constant Rs 8569/-, So i decided to sell off my old Samsung SyncMaster 17" CRT(in Fully working condition). The Price i am expecting is somewhere close to 3500 but is negotiable. The monitor is just 2 years old. If any one here is interested in buying it, he can reply to mesmartyniru12345@gmail.com or contact me on 9821542332

Thanks
3500 bucks for a CRT?? I think these guys give 500 in exchange when u buy a new monitor.

Could you guys at least let me know where in Mumbai(please specify explcitly where in Lammy) can i get a good deal for a brand new BENQ -G2220 LCD in exchange of my old CRT?..Roughly how much discount could i get ..? The price for BENQ G2220 is 8900/- roughly..

Back