Monitors monitor randomly goes into power save mode during boot up

My monitor goes into Power Saving Mode during boot process and sometimes just after POST, then there's no way back[keyboard and mouse not working]. If it boots properly then it works most of the times. at least as of now.

15hl6iv.jpg

cpu-q6600 stock

gpu-5770 stock

ram 4 gb kingston ddr2 800

catalyst 11.10 preview 3

windows 7 x64 ultimate

Update - sometimes during boot process, the text and logo appears 2 times :(

try to update the BIOS and the firmware of the GPU, disable all peripherals and extra resources not been used in BIOS. Test the RAM and reseat it.

6pack said:
does your mobo have onboard video? and which psu?

Edit: i saw your sig. is it MSI or AbitIP35?

i am currently using ip35p and corsair vx550 and this mobo don't have onboard video :(

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

uziel said:
try to update the BIOS and the firmware of the GPU, disable all peripherals and extra resources not been used in BIOS. Test the RAM and reseat it.

bios is already up to date and from where i can download firmware update for gpu.

check to see all power connections to your mobo (20 + 4v, power to gfx card, etc) are seated firmly first and reset bios to defaults.

in bios settings set the "Init display first " to pcie.

thanx for help 6pack...first display already set to pcie.

problem resolved, the culprit was catalyst drivers.Updated to final 11.10 and its back to normal. :D

gamingstill said:
thanx for help 6pack...first display already set to pcie.

problem resolved, the culprit was catalyst drivers.Updated to final 11.10 and its back to normal. :D

I may be wrong, but logically the drivers would only kick in after the OS boots, I dont think its the drivers, but if your system is running fine, why bother!

Jasku said:
I may be wrong, but logically the drivers would only kick in after the OS boots, I dont think its the drivers, but if your system is running fine, why bother!

that's what i thought and was looking for a hardware issue. :p

Back