Monitors Monitor remains off when PC wakes from sleep

Arjun

Skilled
I have a Dell ST2200L led monitor connected through DVI to NVIDIA GTX 650 TI Boost GPU , recently when i wake the pc from sleep the PC wakes up but the monitor remains in standby state,

I have to restart the pc for the monitor to work again, sometimes the monitor turn on after waking from sleep but more than 90% of the time it does not.
I cant figure out how to diagnose this , anyone has similar issue . Is it a GPU issue or monitor or OS ?

I have the latest driver but it suddenly happened , it was working on the same driver earlier without any issues .[DOUBLEPOST=1400065357][/DOUBLEPOST]I updated after this issues started but did not help .

Its not related to gpu or any component.

Its your ACPI settings in bios which should be checked. You mey need to juggle and play with some setiings to get it right.

Refer THIS to know more.

^ If it was bios related it would have happened from day one, it started suddenly, i have been using this GPU & monitor for many months without any wake issues, I switched to HDMI but that also did not fix it, only change made to the system was the major window 8.1 update /service pack , it started after i installed that update .

^ If it was bios related it would have happened from day one, it started suddenly, i have been using this GPU & monitor for many months without any wake issues, I switched to HDMI but that also did not fix it, only change made to the system was the major window 8.1 update /service pack , it started after i installed that update .

You never mentioned about window 8.1 update /service pack before.
Now uninstall it and see if it works.

Looks like its fixed, after a lot of googling i found someone with similar problem who fixed it by updating the intel AHCI "rapid storage technology" drivers , so i downloaded & installed these drivers, so far the monitor has woken three out of three times .

Looks like its fixed, after a lot of googling i found someone with similar problem who fixed it by updating the intel AHCI "rapid storage technology" drivers , so i downloaded & installed these drivers, so far the monitor has woken three out of three times .

Which Mobo/CPU/SSD do you use?
I had faced a similar problem but the mobo was an Intel DH61WW. Can i safely install these drivers as well to prevent the said problem?

Its back , after waking fine four out of four times it refused to wake the fifth time .[DOUBLEPOST=1402385052][/DOUBLEPOST]I use Gigabyte B75 chipset mobo

It behaving like a human then...
We too dont like to be disturbed while sleeping...multiple times awakening 'll cause us to get irritate as well :p

So if you try to put him to sleep, let him sleep for longer duration.

Anyways, as I have mentioned in my first post check for these settings in your bios.
image.axd

You have to play with the S1/S3/S1 & S3 and some settings on this screens depending on your bios.

I have ran in your issues many time and now figured that my mobo can only resume from standby from some of the above fiddled certain settings only!!

Back