Monitors Monitor suggestions...

vegeta

Disciple
I'm looking forward to buy a new monitor Budget ~20-25k. No 22' pls !

Dell E248WFP(TN) or Dell 2007WFP(S - IPS/PVA) or something else ?

I'm a Pure Gamer.

Im currently using Sony SDM S-74 purchased in 2005, pls suggest the price... if set for sale.

I got the E248 from Dinesh (dingemini312) from the Hot Deals section myself, like it a lot.

Although I am yet to try out gaming at the full 1920x1200 resolution since I need to upgrade my PC too first :D

I tested the Full HD clip called "Elephants Dream" on the LCD and it's awesome, check out the review posted in the reviews section here...

edit: check this http://www.techenclave.com/reviews-and-previews/dell-e248wfp-24-lcd-full-hd-107503.html

Well fer ur Gaming needs, no gfx card can support the full res of a 24incher with all settings maxed out..

So the 22inchers're ur best bet esp from the DELL stables, u've got to choose a lot of 'em...

With the 24inchers ur stuck with only 2 options from DELL:

1. The inexpensive E248WFP;the best bang fer the buck fer viewing Full HD stuff..

2. Else the newly released Ultrasharp 24incher but highly expensive cos of the panel..

And personally I dont think u'd require an S-IPS panel fer gaming needs cos TN panels're more than enuf... Only a prof graphics designer n multimedia dvlpr may need S-IPS panels..

So I think the E248WFP shud fit ur budget n still hav lots of cash left.. :)

+1 for the Dell E248WFP (I got one myself) even though it's a TN panel. Other options in 24 inches might be the BenQ G2400W and the AOC 416v although I would still prefer the Dell because of its price and warranty, not to mention the brand name :)

And if your rig cant support the full resolution, you can set it to a lower resolution with scaling/fill or no fill (1:1) ratio, so thats not a problem.

Of course, you will enjoy being able to watch Full HD 1080p videos on a 24 :)

thx guys ... Dell E248WFP is the best choice for me.

@vishalrao
great review... you have covered every corner of the screen and the review expresses ur excitement too :)

@gannu
thx for the SIPS - TN clarification :)

@predatorvj
sry dude but i prefer dell :)
BTW, now it's 24' selected, my sitting position is 70 cm = 27.6 in from the screen ...
is it safe for my eyes ??? thats the max i can stretch from the screen as i dont enough space behind me !!!

Back