Monitors monitor's prob

riturajnitk

Disciple
hey guyzz,.. my monitor is now becomes bit yellowish... isthis hardware prob or due to installation of wrong drivers...well help me.. what can i do to get rid of this...

no its not a driver problem.. i have the same problem as i type :p..its the monitors problem..it has something to do with heat as far as i know

degauss it if dont works punch it ,still no work open the monitor sort the est to ground, to avoid skull fractures and shocks then change all the possible big capacitors u see. it might be fixed also tune the cathode gun pot to make it adjusted with the display and ur eye.
regards,
Joe

Don't have to be so brutal... just tap it lightly on the head. It's a problem of unwanted magnetic fields. Same principle behind the fact that when you drop a magnetized piece of metal it looses some of it's magnetic property. You obviously have some speakers or the like placed very close to it. If thats not the case then tug on the cord a lil... generally starts happening to old monitors.

If all the above fail then you color component circuit is damaged. You will have to get it to service station.

There are 3 chips for color generation i.e. RGB. One of these chips is damaged and not giving full output.

Most moniters now have 2 years warrant, so may be yours in warrant.

yes the colour component circuit damage seems to be the most obvious...but somehow my monitor seems fine at lower tempertatures..if the heat goes up it turns yellow..its a really old monitor 4 years old now..no warranty..does the circuit have anything to do with heat?

@priyoban..i have a couple of speakers that arent magnetically shielded near the monitor..but that doesnt seem to affect it

Well if it's not flickering like it would with a low refresh rate... but is flickering in waves then these are just signs of an impending failure. It's time you retire the vet.

priyoban said:
Don't have to be so brutal... just tap it lightly on the head. It's a problem of unwanted magnetic fields. Same principle behind the fact that when you drop a magnetized piece of metal it looses some of it's magnetic property. You obviously have some speakers or the like placed very close to it. If thats not the case then tug on the cord a lil... generally starts happening to old monitors.
speakers were shielded years back except in kol maybe :bleh: ...
anyways this seems like a case of the one of the colour components, the electron guns going kaput...
try reorienting the montior, degauss u musta tried already..
tapping it is a temporary prob..
one thing this guy got correct is that it happens to older monitors, generally depends on how many hours a day you use them, definitely shouldn't happen to anything that's less than 4-5 years old...

^^
afaik mx5021 aint shielded. so isnt a lot of speakers. from my personal experience i had reddish patch when i put a 10 inch naked woofer on top of my 17 inch crt monitor after taking the speaker out of a mike set.
it all depends but magnetism is one of the definitive cause of color differences or patches.

@vandal:Are you a very good debater? Coz u seem to talk a lot of crap with confidence all the time. Tapping it is a temporary prob? what are you trying to say? And why dont you put a speaker right on top of a crt monitor... and tell me whether you notice any difference????

Back