more brain power

rPOk

Adept
well not the power to compute but power to remember stuff - memory :)

My first upgrade since i built my rig 7 months ago....just in time before a slew of next gen games come and start taxing my system - already games like CoH and GRAW2 are taking ~800-900mb of ram.... (i'll wait another year for graphics card tho :) )

Got this one through a colleague from Fry's Store, Austin, US.

2x1GB OCZ DDR2 PC6400 Platinum Revision 2 4-4-4-15

With shiny new XTC heatspreaders (with honeycomb structure to allow better heat dissipation), no doubts this is sexiest ram in the mkt :clap:

These are now added to existing

2x512MB Corsair DDR2 PC6400 XMS2 5-5-5-12

Running both pairs in dual channel at 4-4-4-12 at 2.1V without any problems

At 3 GB I've more than enough for years to come :p

Here are the pics -

Its fast and cheap - 80$! I know they aren't D9 but i don't care, since i wanted to complement them with my existing Corsairs XMS2

And btw, windows XP with 3GB booted in 10secs flat.... ;)

i think his XP is new installed ? cos after some time XP tends to take time to boot .. at least 1- 1.5 mins.

good buy any way.. cant dream of such price in India :(

yeah i reinstalled os...cleaned up everything....well it looked like 10 secs (i chose this as a metaphor :p, too bad ppl took it literally)...i'm sure it'll be like 20-25secs...but its still 'feels' really fast....

yeah i know these might be promos, even my old corsairs are promos, but these do fine till 900mhz....anyway clubbing a highly overclockable d9 ram with my existing promos wouldn't have solved the problem...

Back