More storage

Vandal

Skilled
I upgraded my storage a bit this weekend. Stuff was ordered from PrimeABGB.

Using the Green Edition was surprising - I expected the drive to be really slow. Copy 140 GB of data to it, from a Black Edition 1 TB, I got a write speed of a steady 68 MBps - not bad.
Total damages = 8,900.

^No idea, I guess time will tell. For the first 3 months, I'm going to keep duplicate data on this HDD as on the Black Edition I already have ;)
Yeah, more is never enough. Thankfully, after 3.75 TB of HDD space on my main rig, I intend only to buy external 3.5" solutions to back all the stuff up. 2 Mbps unltd line sucks :p big drain on pocket...

Congrats Michael! :D

I need to pick a 1.5TB and then send my existing 1TB for a RMA. Not that it has gone bad but it seems like WD is on an unending spree of satisfying their customers by sending replacements with higher capacity. :lol:

But I am a bit skeptical on the existing batch of 1.5TB drives. Shripad had a very bad experience recently and there was a thread in Storage Section as well.

1TBs are the absolute value for money at this time and i get a bad feeling storing more than 1TB in a single drive!!! ^^@Desci - any chances they would upgrade the WD Black 500GB??

Vandal said:
Yeah, more is never enough. Thankfully, after 3.75 TB of HDD space on my main rig, I intend only to buy external 3.5" solutions to back all the stuff up. 2 Mbps unltd line sucks :p big drain on pocket...

LOL...You can frame that in gold. I have 4TB all filled up on my rig and I need to buy 2TB more quickly. I guess that would last for an year. Currently in the dilemma whether to buy external or internal.

Back