Monitors Most VFM 17" LCD/TFT monitors, Budget 6k

sabby

ex-Mod
Currently I have a 15" CRT. As I am short of cash, I wanna buy a new 17" LCD/TFT monitor preferably DELL,SAMSUNG or ACER. Now don't start giving me advice to buy a 19"/20" or more. I just simply don't have the money r8 now and I will not use it actively more than 1yr. Actually I will have 5k(after selling my CRT) and was initially thinking about buying a 15". But that would be too small. So wanna buy a 17"(or 16.6" etc.) one. But it should be within 6k if not less. Cheaper solutions are more welcome.:hap2: I wanna try to avoid AOC but you can always post the prices of their model. The only thing I know is that one of my friend bought a 15" LCD from AOC @4.5k.

Thanks in advance.:)

Edit:- Changed my mind to buy a 15"/16" as 17" will cost not less than 6k :( . Suggest the best for me. Should be around 5k. :)

Acer ,benq and aoc are the cheapest. You would have to check in that range .if you have budget of 6k then 6.5k will give you dell 19" monitor.(E1909 w). You should check locally though.

As I said, I will actually have 5k and can add few hundreds to that. So -1 to the E1909W. :( Does the DELL E1709W come around 5.5k ?

Edit:- I prefer 4:3/5:4 to 16:10/16:9 AR. :)

nowadays alll widescreen monitors are available i.e aspect ratio of 16:9/16:10.
You can check if in second hand market(for 4:3/5:4) since you want it for only a year. check for viewsonic 17" i think you might get one at that price 6K.

sabby said:
As I said, I will actually have 5k and can add few hundreds to that. So -1 to the E1909W. :( Does the DELL E1709W come around 5.5k ?

Edit:- I prefer 4:3/5:4 to 16:10/16:9 AR. :)

May I know the reason for it.

You will not get any 17in lcd in 5k range.The starting range for 17in lcd is 6k.

H@cKer said:
May I know the reason for it.

You will not get any 17in lcd in 5k range.The starting range for 17in lcd is 6k.

I won't use it for watching movies. 5:4/4:3 AR gives me more comfort than the Wide Screens for general/gaming purpose. :)
AOC 15" is available @4.5k, that is why I thought if I could get a 17" around 5500/-.

Scientifically eyes are comfortable with more horizontal viewing area. For gaming select suitable widescreen res you will like it . Think about it.

I guess then I have to select a 15"/15.6". :( Then suggest me the best monitor (DVI-D, if possible) in that range.

P.S.- Price and availability of DELL 1704FPT and E1709W??

Edit:- Just called Vedant and they quoted ACER 16" -> 4800/- and BenQ 16" -> 4500, didn't mention the model no though and DELL 16" is not available. Which one is better ? Also if anyone can assure the availability E1609W, that would be very helpful. :)

@saqib

yeah, AFAIK no monitor upto 17" whether its from DELL,ACER,AOC,BenQ etc. has DVI port(if you know one, pls post; I need it) . But that won't cause any prob as the output from my GPU is DVI-D. When VGA out put goes to a LCD then only the monitor shows poor performance.

No point in going for a 15" lcd if you have a monitor. You wont find it satisfying. Better wait and buy a 19" monitor when you have or saved some more cash. Widescreen 15" will have less height so reading would be a pain.

@harryneopotter

that would be a steal.. but wrong timing I guess.. I decided against upgrading my monitor and instead to buy a 500GB HDD and 2GB xms2 stick . Currently I am using a 3 yrs old 80GB and 2GB xms2. Dad said if anything happens to this monitor, I will get a new 20". :D

Otherwise I will buy a new one when LCD prices fall further in 3-4 months I guess. Thanks for your support though. :)

Back