CPU/Mobo Motherboard Beep Issue

CA50

Skilled
I have got a MSI mobo PM8PM-V. Few hows back i tried to boot the system and it gave some wired beep sounds. Not the regular one, so i have attached the sound file.
The system was previously working fine.
Please help me. When the sound is being played the proccy fan spins and the floppy LED glows continuously but there is no display.

^^thanks for your help mate, but it didn`t solve my problem. yesterday i cleaned the proccy and applied a fresh layer of TIM and reseated the proccy, after that the system give long beep with an intreval of say 2-3 seconds.

I'm assuming you're getting "long beeps with an interval of say 2-3 seconds". Long beeps are generally a RAM issue. Try using one ram module at a time.

wow even i have something similar issue just yesterday..

but its strange... my compaq laptop start giving long BEEP on windows booting it gives the blue dump screen and restarts... tries booting through live cd it... it just keeps beeping so loudly....

Massive help required in this part as i do not have additional ram to troubleshoot.

lide said:
I'm assuming you're getting "long beeps with an interval of say 2-3 seconds". Long beeps are generally a RAM issue. Try using one ram module at a time.
simonwinsor said:
wow even i have something similar issue just yesterday..
but its strange... my compaq laptop start giving long BEEP on windows booting it gives the blue dump screen and restarts... tries booting through live cd it... it just keeps beeping so loudly....
Massive help required in this part as i do not have additional ram to troubleshoot.

Same here, am too waiting for lay my hands on a spare ddr1 ram as you know they are quite extinct

CA50 said:
Same here, am too waiting for lay my hands on a spare ddr1 ram as you know they are quite extinct
My issue is not getting RAM my issue is if i GET THE RAM and if thats not my issue then am stuck with the RAM.

simonwinsor said:
My issue is not getting RAM my issue is if i GET THE RAM and if thats not my issue then am stuck with the RAM.

Just get one ddr1 ram from a friend for a few hours

hey glad you could figure it out...
a slight scared to buy my laptop a new ram... please read my 1st post on this thread and let me know if really Buying a new ram would solve my problem too ?? i just cannot buy a new ram nor am i getting any rams around to check ...

Help out people... here is my problem once again..

my compaq laptop start giving long BEEP on windows booting it gives the blue dump screen and restarts... tries booting through live cd it... it just keeps beeping so loudly....

Back