Moto G launched in India at 14k for 16GB model

Status
Not open for further replies.

honest1

Adept
The Official Motorola Blog
Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Introducing Moto G: An Exceptional Phone At An Exceptional Price
People all around the world want to be a part of the mobile Internet so they can access the world’s information, share, and connect with the things that matter to them. But the smartphone industry has relegated hundreds of millions of smartphone buyers to second-class status, preventing them from experiencing the mobile Internet at its best.

That’s because price-conscious consumers who don’t want to pay $600 or more for high-end smartphones have been left with two bad options. The first is to buy cheap, new smartphones made with second-rate technology that don’t do justice to modern apps and experiences like navigation, video chat and games. The second is to buy “low cost” versions of premium products that were released two or three years ago and are already obsolete.

We think there should be a better option. Everybody deserves to be on the mobile Internet, and price shouldn’t stand in the way of anyone having a truly good smartphone to get them there.

Today we’re introducing Moto G, a smartphone that delivers a premium experience for a third of the price of current high-end phones. Moto G includes:

A brilliant 4.5-inch HD display - the sharpest in its class - that goes edge-to-edge so you can enjoy movies, photos, video chats and more.
The newest Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 400 processor featuring a quad-core CPU for seamless multitasking and enjoying the web, videos and games, with all-day battery life.
Android 4.3 Jellybean, the most up to date Android of any phone in its class, with a guaranteed upgrade to Android 4.4 KitKat at the beginning of 2014. No skins to clutter or slow the experience, and great performance with Google’s unbeatable mobile services such as Gmail, YouTube, Google Maps, Chrome and Hangouts.
Stylish design with a comfortable curved back and 19 customization options, including interchangeable Motorola Shells and Flip Shells in seven colors as well as Grip Shells in five colors.

Moto G goes on sale this week in Brazil and parts of Europe and will be available within the next few weeks throughout Latin America, Europe, Canada and parts of Asia. It will be available in the US, India, the Middle East and more of Asia in early January. Moto G will be in more than 30 countries with 60 partners by 2014.

In the US, Moto G will be sold on Motorola.com, with no contract, no SIM lock and an unlockable bootloader for USD$179 with 8GB of storage and USD$199 for 16GB. Moto G will also be available through various carriers and retailers.

http://motorola-blog.blogspot.com/search/label/Moto X?m=1#sthash.GV3Ruo9S.dpuf

Google looking to re enter asian and European markets with Motorola.. A new company, new designs.. Will miss the flip phones from moto..

Looks very unlikely that it would be launched for less than 15k. But you never know, Motorola may surprise too!

I agree . Like fools they will price at 20 k when Motorola has a bad image here .

Bad image? more like , no image at all. I respect motorola for bringing phone like Moto G (not sure why not moto X is here :/) but if they come here with 20k priced phone which is like half the price in US, then they might as well should not come here at all.

I sincerely hope Motorola takes a good look at the Indian market and accordingly for the future. They're doing some excellent work right now. The Moto X is downright amazing and even got KitKat slightly before the Nexus 4! I really hope I have Motorola as an option when I'm ready for my next phone.

They could make a killing here, if they price their phones right.

I'm so badly looking for a smaller phone than the currently available 5 inchers, I might pay 20k for this. Sigh.

It should. Dual sim market is quite big in India.

I'm expecting this one to be priced between 15-20k. And Motorola should (vastly) improve their after sale service if they want to take on Samsung and Micromax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back