Budget 10-15K Moto G vs S3 Neo

Sparky19

Disciple
Hello guys, Please help me decide on my phone. I was more or less decided to go ahead with the Moto G. But a price drop of S3 Neo to 12.5k , with the same hardware and more ram and a better screen has gotten me confused.

1. Budget?

A: 13k
2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar
3. Preferred display type?
A: The better one. Max size i am comfy with is 5".
4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Tier 1 brands like Motorola, Samsung , Sony , HTC
5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen
6. Camera required or not?
A: Yes required. A good snapper for occasional snaps for facebook.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android kitkat and above.
8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 2g / wifi as of now. But will upgrade to 3g / wifi in the coming months.
9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Browsing, phone calls, facebook, whatsapp, viber, camera. Games only occasionally. Not a gamer.
10. Any other requirements?
A: A good battery life that lasts atleast one working day.
11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Moto G and S3 neo.

The only difference that I see (apart from Touchwiz) is software updates. With Samsung, you'll probably have to stick with KitKat, while Lollipop update for Moto G is already out.
The extra half gig RAM does help if you are a heavy multitasker.

There might not be much xda support too ... just make sure there is gorilla glass before buying ... i9300 has it ... i own that one ... but do not know about i9300l . Do check and only then buy . I searched the net for this information but was unsuccessful in my quest to know .

I have a moto g too xt1033 . While the 5.0.2 lollipop update is certainly welcome i do not see any performance increase . Also when on 4.4.4 i switched between dalvik and art and so no perceivable difference .

Back