Android Moto g4 plus network issue

So, in detail, I have a jio sim and a bsnl sim. I am a victim of slow jio speed which is totally random. So i recharged bsnl 333 plan which gives 3gb/day data. So the issue is that when selecting cellone sim as data sim, 4g option is unavailable in jio sim which is placed in 1st sim slot, I need this because I still intend to use jio sim for free calls. So if anyone has been through this or know any solution please help. All I need is use data from bsnl sim in 2nd slot and use calling from jio in 1st slot and also fore 3g only in bsnl sim in 2nd slot. I am using android 7.0

So, in detail, I have a jio sim and a bsnl sim. I am a victim of slow jio speed which is totally random. So i recharged bsnl 333 plan which gives 3gb/day data. So the issue is that when selecting cellone sim as data sim, 4g option is unavailable in jio sim which is placed in 1st sim slot, I need this because I still intend to use jio sim for free calls. So if anyone has been through this or know any solution please help. All I need is use data from bsnl sim in 2nd slot and use calling from jio in 1st slot and also fore 3g only in bsnl sim in 2nd slot. I am using android 7.0

Not possible. Data only works on one sim at a time.

You cannot use unless you select data on Jio, Jio being all time 4G network need the 4G band but as soon you select data on any other sim card the 4g band is assigned to that particular sim card.

So in shot select data on jio or you cannot use it.

To the best of my knowledge, the G4 Plus is a VoLTE enabled phone. Please check if it is enabled. If yes, then set 4G to the Jio SIM, and put the BSNL SIM on 3G data, and set data to BSNL SIM - however, I am not sure if these options are there in Moto, you get them in other phones.

Not True!

Last edited:
To the best of my knowledge, the G4 Plus is a VoLTE enabled phone. Please check if it is enabled. If yes, then set 4G to the Jio SIM, and put the BSNL SIM on 3G data, and set data to BSNL SIM - however, I am not sure if these options are there in Moto, you get them in other phones.
That doesn't work. I have a OnePlus 3 and the moment you change the data to BSNL or any other provider the Jio signal goes to zero.

Thats what I thought, its so irritating that you cannot use it even when it is available. Shitty android. And even on top of that, it takes a hell lot of time to change data to other sim, sometimes it doesnt gets changes, and you can do is either restart phone or disable the other sim for few minutes.

How do you do that ?

Also which phone supports this option ?

I believe its part of Lyf phones. I will have to check and revert on this.

Checked MIUI, not allowing.

EDIT - Not working on Lyf phones as well. It has seperate 4G/3G option and Data, but switching data to SIM2 turns off LTE/VoLTE as well.

Last edited:
Thats what I thought, its so irritating that you cannot use it even when it is available. Shitty android. And even on top of that, it takes a hell lot of time to change data to other sim, sometimes it doesnt gets changes, and you can do is either restart phone or disable the other sim for few minutes.

Shitty Android? I believe you can buy an iPhone instead with a single SIM and not complain! Your issue is that Jio is not reliable, complain to them. Or check your phone.

Back