Budget 15-20K Moto G60 vs Redmi 10 pro vs Samsung M51

renegade

Staff member
Super Mod
Someone I know is looking for a phone around 20K and has narrowed down on these phones
  • Moto G60
  • Redmi Note 10 pro
  • Samsung M51
Looking for a feedback on which would be a better buy for general usage. Not sure if the advertised specs are good for real world usage or not.

What are your opinion/experiences?

From your above-mentioned list, I'd gladly suggest the Redmi Note 10 Pro. However, there are certain defects with this year's Redmi Note 10 series, such as the proximity sensor issue & screen flickering when refresh rate bumped up to 120 HZ. You can research about all these problems by doing a quick Google search.

But, my suggestion would be to take a look at the Samsung A52 6GB/128GB. Costs around 26K INR on Reliance Digital.

Comes with SD720G, 4500 MAH battery, AMOLED 1080P, 90 HZ refresh rate, 64MP camera with OIS (first in segment) & IP67 rating (first in segment).

Moreover, you'll also get three years of OS updates & four years of security updates, as it belongs to the A series devices: https://news.samsung.com/global/sam...g-to-three-generations-of-android-os-upgrades

I know you already have a shortlist if you are only interested in that please ignore below post

Realme x2 pro after discount should be close to. 20k
My wife has been using it for past 18 months. Zero issues. Last month or so it got realme ui 2 update based on android 11, which in my opinion made an already excellent phone even better.
We actually bought it closer to when it was 30k and the above assessment is based on that price

As mentioned above, Samsung is one if you want regular updates and security patches.
I would have easily suggested Moto G60, had it not been for that gigantic screen and that massive weight due to 6000mah battery. If your friend can manage above two issues then G60 is definitely the way to go. I have Poco X3 and I know what it is like to carry a 225 gm phone in hand.
Redmi model you mentioned has proximity sensor issue as pointed out by @AINDRASIS_GUPTA . It would be better to see if any recent software update has resolved those issues. From what I recall, some bugs are fixed, some are pending.

If budget can be extended a little Mi 10i is a good option. If you have HDFC card you can get 1000-1500rs discount. A52 is a decent option too as suggested but I'd just go for lg wing in that price range if possible. LG may have exited smartphone market but it's a good mobile and worth it at that price.

at 20 k one should consider moto g 5g (my pick is was this one as it supports all 5g bands), idk why that phone is not being sretocked on FK , or go for mi 10i or get realme 480 soc based 5g phone x7 or so ,dont under estimate SD480 its slightly slower than on 750 one wont notice the speed difference ,if people are comfortable with mediatek than there are tons of them ,one plus nord CE is also comming in but those bastards would price it at 22-23 k and ****up ,if priced at 20-21 it would be great value

Someone I know is looking for a phone around 20K and has narrowed down on these phones
  • Moto G60
  • Redmi Note 10 pro
  • Samsung M51
Looking for a feedback on which would be a better buy for general usage. Not sure if the advertised specs are good for real world usage or not.

Honestly, the answer is NOTA.

The Moto G 5G costs just 3k more than the G60, and is a massively better and future proof phone, with seven 5G bands, and a more powerful processor.
You do lose out on the cameras (48 mp vs 108 mp, and 16mp selfie vs 32mp)

Currently own a xiaomi device (my first) (and possibly last), and its garbage.
And I've seen samsung UI become garbage, one update at a time.

So, as things stand, my first choice would be the Motorolas.

Last edited:
  • Moto G60
  • Redmi Note 10 pro
  • Samsung M51

I pick G40. I don't think the G60 is worth buying with G40 available for much less. I would've also bought it had it come with a dedicated micro sd slot.
From your above-mentioned list, I'd gladly suggest the Redmi Note 10 Pro. However, there are certain defects with this year's Redmi Note 10 series, such as the proximity sensor issue & screen flickering when refresh rate bumped up to 120 HZ. You can research about all these problems by doing a quick Google search.
True. Note 10 specs is very good but the issues present in many of the phones make it a risky bet.
But pure specs wise I don't think there's anything better than the Poco X3 Pro in its price range.

Back