Motorola :: A Tribute!

sunny27

Stig's Indian Cousin!!!
Skilled
I always wanted the Motorola ZN5 aka Motozine. When it launched 5 years back, it was beyond my reach. Today evening I received my Motozine from Saholic the very same day Motorola decides to suspend its India operations. I got my dream phone but ended up losing Motorola's support and possible future releases. A Pyrrhic victory for me then! It cost me Rs.5500 with 1 year factory/ Motorola warranty(! wtf !) (Thanks to vivek and soulfire for pointing it out to me!)

Some snaps of the Motozine - which has a fabulous camera and amazing build quality, something very few of the phones these days have (apart from the Motorola Defy).

A line up of my Motorola Phones.

The Motorola Defy is my primary/personal phone and the Motozine Zn5 is the secondary/office phone. The Motorola e1000 (Motorola E1000 - Full phone specifications) in the centre is a 10 year old phone in perfect working condition and has a new battery worth Rs.600 and gets 2 days of battery life with heavy usage. Every feature works! Its built like a tank and can be used as an effective weapon! It amazing how well engineered phones from the past were! The Motorola e1000 was far ahead of its time! My first phone was a Motorola T190 (Motorola T190 - Full phone specifications) which is still there in some corner of my house and possibly working!

Motorola can be likened to Lancia! Here's to the greatest phone maker of all time!

Nice Tribute...

I have a Motorola Ming which i used for 3 years... didn't gave a single problem. No random freezes or reboot! Finally the earpiece broke and the phone was retired.

Motorola makes good phones but falls short at providing software updates.

Not sure if anybody noticed the awesome build quality in the third snap from top, gives a very nice view of the interiors of the phone, allowing the phone to breathe!

Motorola has always been the best. Moto Razr still remains in my wishlist. No matter how old and outdated it is. <3 Motorola.. Congrats for the great purchase and Thanks for showing your love towards Moto!.. :)

congrats. i was with sunny when courier guy came to deliver the phone. pretty good build quality and nice camera. worth the money for moto's build quality and kodak camera.;)

My first phone was a Moto as well, Moto L6i.... Always admired their build quality, hopefully they come out with great products after the restructuring :)

Congrats Even my first phone was Moto Razr V3i back 5 years ago and i like their looks a lot .Motorola has made some of the best looking phones in the world.

Too bad... My first cell phone was a Moto StarTac in 2000 and then Moto RAZR (v3i silver) in 2005 and they were awesome :)

Motorola issued a statement stating that they will continue to run service centers. Most of their service centers are third party one's which also honour warranty of Sony phones.

I love Motorola for its innovative design. I still want to hold Moto razor !!!
You have ignited a fire in me I am gona buy Moto razor soon only if my fu**ing company starts allowing camera phones :annoyed:

I have both Original RAZR D&G and RAZR2 V9 and also the DROID RAZR :D I have been the fan of classics too... especially Motorola.

My RAZR :)

Some pics I took when I got it back in 2005... stopped using it in 2010 when I moved on to smartphones :)

Attachments

• Moto-RAZR.JPG
    Moto-RAZR.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 157
  • Moto-RAZR-2.JPG
    Moto-RAZR-2.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 162
  • Moto-RAZR-3.JPG
    Moto-RAZR-3.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 163
Back