Motorola Atrix 4G - Start of a new era?

:D

Thank god they split their mobility business, Atrix is the most impressive phone by miles. qHD display, Tegra 2, 1930mAh battery - what more can you ask for in a phone?!

Really looking forward to the launch, hopefully the prices won't be as astronomical as those of the iPhones.

^ I too fell in love with the phone and the docks. All depends on the pricing. Obviously, it is not going to be launched in India. And, the prices are going to be at par with iPhone. But, this has made me forget all the other phones and I would really go for it once I have the moolah! :)

Actually, I'm not too sure about it's pricing strategy. Motorola usually follows a skimming strategy, so yeah maybe they might start out with 35k or so, but in a few months it should whittle down to below 30, as new Tegra 2 phones start cropping up.

I hope they don't price it more than $599 on par with iPhone. Another good thing is, it's upgradable to 1080p recording via a software upgrade which would be issued soon after the launch. :D

Yes Tegra 2 by default supports 1080p recording and playback. And better power management, and since it's a 4" screen with qHD display + 1930 mAh of juice = gold mine :D

what about LG Optimus 2x?

Its already have 1080p hd recoding!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

what about LG Optimus 2x?:cool2:
Its already have 1080p hd recoding:eek:hyeah:

That laptop dock is the mother of all retarded concepts. WHY would somebody buy a Motorola laptop (That runs some obscure Linux OS) simply because a phone docks into it?

Monumental fail IMHO.

^ Actually if it offers me 8-10 hours of backup (which shouldn't be difficult due to the absence of PC components) and a big screen on which I can watch media and browse the net along with a reasonable price, it wouldn't be bad deal. But, all speculation right now. Have to wait and watch.

O man shall I cancel my Dell Streak Order ? I am buying it for the same price of 400USD (in fact a little more than that).

Thanks but no thanks. I prefer 1 inch more of real estate :p This device looks too complicated.

$400 is certainly not the price they gonna sell this. Near $600 launch price is what I think its gonna be.

I saw the video and it looks very impressive .. But I agree with @Anish here ... why would some one want to invest on that laptop just so he could dock the phone into it?

starchazer said:
I saw the video and it looks very impressive .. But I agree with @Anish here ... why would some one want to invest on that laptop just so he could dock the phone into it?
That might not look so lucrative for everyone but for many people, in countries where fast and reliable internet is not an issue, that thing is a savior. Even on my laptop PC, I rarely need to use anything apart from firefox on a daily basis. The only thing I use offline on a regular basis is eclipse and photoshop. That's it! 70% of my work can be done just over the internet and there are so many people like me. So this thing can be great for users like me.

The specs are awesome. Not so sure about Moto phones though.

Hope HTC release something with similar specs and aluminum uni-body design..:clap:
That would be my next phone.

Back