Motorola Atrix or Motorola Photon or Samsung Galaxy S

Hi

I lost my phone recently so i havent given time to "R&D" since i wasnt expecting to buy a new phone.

Anyways, after having a look in few threads i have concluded

Motorola Atrix - around 360$
- Seems to be best

Motorola Photon 4G - around 380$
- Seems that 3g is not supported on GSM Network. Correct me if wrong

Samsung Galaxy S - Shall get in India - Another decent phone with good display
Let me know which one you suggest in under 20K Range.

Feedback

1. 1. Which phone?
    2. What the normal bid/win price on ebay.com or any US site
    3. ShopnShip or ICCWorld

GSM arena specs reveal General 2G Network CDMA 800 / 1900

GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900

3G Network CDMA2000 1xEV-DO

HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100

Since 2100 is the Indian 3G band, it should support it

Go for the Atrix. It has everything u'd ask for. It'll come for around 16k-17k mark including shipping, customs etc. If u want a big 4.3'' screen for watching movies and all go for the Samsung Galaxy S 2/Moto Photon 4g . With the Photon u dont need to unlock it as in Atrix as it is already unlocked for the rest of the world...And yes, it supports 3g in India as Indian 3g band is 2100.
Since your budget is around 20k u wont get sgs2 for dat much. U'd get Photon in that price range.
2) U should get the Atrix for around 350$.Look for sellers who ship it for free.
3) Both are good, I order my stuff through SnS.

Thanks

Dollar Rate being 2 year High, Atrix is costing 18K.

However, as it is always, more you search more you get confused. Photon 4G seems to better version of Atrix just that it has less battery life.

Any Cons with Photon 4G ?

First of all rule out samsung galaxy s

Now the atrix can be found on ebay for ~350$ plus 20$(unlocking) + 1k shipping

and then photon being a cdma phone with a sim card slot(useless outside sprint network only in US) can be found for ~349$(just to indicate it can be found cheaper than atrix) + 1k shipping and i am not sure about unlocking. I though you need to pay for it as well but after reading the above comments i am not sure.

Photon

Pros

1: Bigger screen

2: better camera 8mp

3: comes with android 2.3 ( as that makes any difference)

4: cheaper ( a very minor difference)

Cons

1: No fingerprint reader

2: same number of pixels in a bigger screen ( that makes the display of atrix better)

3: less ppi screen than atrix. atrix has 276 ppi and photon has 256. (it makes the display of atrix more crisper)

4: camera recording doesn't have 1080p whereas atrix has 1080p via 2.3.4 upgrade

5: battery life not as good as atrix cause it has less batter power and it requires more battery consumption cause of the bigger screen.

For shipping use iccworld if you do not have an account with sns. Also i believe iccworld is cheaper as they charge only for shipping and customs whereas sns charges extra duty also.

Correct me if i am wrong

I'm also considering to buy Motorola Atrix. But I've few questions...

1. How to buy? ;) I mean the phone is not available on shops, so I'm fine with buying it Online, I checked Flipkart, it's not there. So do I have to import it??

2. Does it have Video Calling?? I know it supports Video Calling, but I heard that Android (Except Gingerbread) doesn't support Video Calling. (I'm talking about Video Calling over Network, not over Skype or something like that).

I would have said Atrix is available after returning 5 top foils of Bournvita in the nearest retail store but i think you would have done well to search about atrix' purchase here on TE first. You wouldnt have missed Atrix threads which have been quite a few in numbers.

Second question can well be answered as well if you had googled a lil.

yes there are a few listings on ebay.in of abt 20 - 21 k..i too am contemplating buying it from them..again they wont be proving any warranty.

if anyone has bought atrix from an indian seller on ebay.in please post the link.

ankitmane said:
yes there are a few listings on ebay.in of abt 20 - 21 k..i too am contemplating buying it from them..again they wont be proving any warranty.

if anyone has bought atrix from an indian seller on ebay.in please post the link.

i bought one for 20.7k utilizing WD500GB coupon code..

so in the end that makes it 18200/- all inclusive with buyer protection through ebay.in

and also return policy if the phone is not in proper condition makes it a lucrative deal.

Mint Motorola Atrix 4G 16GB GSM Android 2.3 & 1Ghz dual core processor | eBay

BTW

this guy was willin to sell his phone for 19.5k all inclusive when i had talked with him..

but if at all you want to use the carnival coupon code, 20k is the price that you should buy that phone

at from him :)

Motorola Atrix 16GB Unlocked Mint Andriod | eBay

warm regards

Dinesh Malhotra

Small advice needed

Should i go ahead and pull the tigger or are we expecting any smartphones in a month. I know about Iphone 5 but i dont think it is worth the wait since it will take another 3-4 months before it comes with a Unlock......

I'd say go ahead with the Atrix.. As aka007 pointed out Atric has more pixel density than the Photon 4g. BTW Photon 4g is locaked for CDMA (Sprint) in the US but unlocked for GSM all over the world.
Iphone5 is a long shot away..we dont even know the specs let alone the release date. :)
U can buy from ebay.in but u'll gte more options in ebay.com.. U might even get a brand new piece over there by bidding..

Thanks, I never did it. I think I need to do homework before registering on Shop n Ship..!!

One more thing, they are Locked, how to Unlock?? I think I read it somewhere in the forum itself that it can be unlocked by paying few bucks more to the seller.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

BTW how about getting this one Latest Super Fast Motorola Atrix Brand New In Box | eBay

I called up the seller, he's saying that Phone will be available within next 10 days and will be shipped within time limit specified by ebay.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

And 8 people till now bought it and the comment looks fine eBay Feedback Profile for harshal_1507

What are your suggestion guys??

20k wouldve been a neat deal...23k is a tad too much for an atrix without warranty...go ahead...if u dont want to go through the hassles of buying it from abroad....But imo...u might as well chip in an extra 3k and go for the sgs2

Back