Motorola defy-Before buying question

micheal687

Disciple
Hi TE members,

Today i decided to purchase MOTO defy after a long research,unboxing,user opinions videos . so i called mobile store in Chennai for the price they said its 18999inr

But this same device is selling for 15,599 inr in flipkart and letsbuy.in(with bluetooth headset)

My question is

1.Is online buying is safe

2.Will they provide me the good new handset. i mean no malfunction and reburished one.

3.Will i get service for my mobile in chennai bcoz the lets buy is located in delhi.

4. Where do this online retailers get these handset from . i mean directly or in directly from manufacturer or from some other souce

5.Please explain the red or blue or green lenses thing and cm7 what is this all buzz about

Thank you and sorry in advance.

Extremely noob questions which have been answered thousand times.

Go through the Letsbuy thread in the "Hot deals" section. They are reliable as users report. You can avail warranty anywhere in India as they will provide you with a valid bill.

Use the coupon code "RCOMLB1" for additional 1k discount or "ICICILB" for 1.2k discount on Letsbuy.

pauldmps said:
Use the coupon code "RCOMLB1" for additional 1k discount or "ICICILB" for 1.2k discount on Letsbuy.
Yeah you are right. iam a noob when it comes to android thing thats bcoz i havent used one.

Pleaase put some light on the rcom and icicilb

1.if that is the coupon means where can i get or i have to be or do something else
2.what that red and green lens buzz
Thanks for quick response for u and akhurana

Mobile Store is giving very high prices (as usual) ..

try Planet M I got it for 17k 3 months ago.

Letsbuy is the cheapest deal so far .. but be prepared to wait ..

Thank Te members for ur assistance,

I Have entered the text RCOMLB1" "ICICILB" codes as instructed 1 and 1.2 k respectively

It shows that there is a discount in the price.

is it safe

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

dexBG said:
Mobile Store is giving very high prices (as usual) ..

try Planet M I got it for 17k 3 months ago.

Letsbuy is the cheapest deal so far .. but be prepared to wait ..

Which part of chennai are u from

Hey guys please confirm

is the using of the codes icicilb and rcom is safe or not bcoz i dont have any account in these two

is there any thing i have to show on the product arrival and bcoz i have nothing connecting to codes

why is the letbuy giving these discount for free to all....

pls reply

I bought it from letsbuy and i can vouch for its reliability. Only drawback is with courier company ARAMEX which takes tortoise time to deliver. Ask them to ship it with bluedart instead in case they can. The parcel is rock solid and is bubble wrapped. All in all a happy customer albeit with little worry in between.

BTW, go for cash on delivery

Ah, the green and red lenses thing is a will be a bit confusing for you if u are new to android. I will try to make it simple.
There are supposed to be 2 versions of defy camera. Some have green lens and some have red lens. It's just a tint. The camera module is most likely same in both but the camera firmware is supposed to be different. What people on web are saying is that the leaked 2.3 firmware from defy plus does not work on cameras with green lens (only the camera is supposed to be not working). However cm7 works for both the modules. Anyway since defy is not supposed to get official gb, it does not matter which version you get.

micheal687 said:
Hi TE members,

Today i decided to purchase MOTO defy after a long research,unboxing,user opinions videos . so i called mobile store in Chennai for the price they said its 18999inr.
But this same device is selling for 15,599 inr in flipkart and letsbuy.in(with bluetooth headset)

Good choice micheal.. I live in Chennai too, I bought the phone from letsbuy a couple of months back. They provided me with proper invoice. Got the phone for 15149 with 2000 discount using rcomlsb coupon.. WE DON'T HAVE TO BE A RELIANCE USER. But for 'icicilb' coupon, you need to purchase through icici debit/credit card.

My question is

1.Is online buying is safe -
Yes it is.. You can opt for Cash on Delivery option, if you are paranoid :p.
2.Will they provide me the good new handset. i mean no malfunction and reburished one.

Absolutely.. Even in those mobile stores they had 3-4 months old stock, but through letsbuy i got the phone packed only 15 days before.. Pristine condition..
3.Will i get service for my mobile in chennai bcoz the lets buy is located in delhi.
If you have any problems with the mobile AFTER the purchase, you need to go to the service centre, not letsbuy. If you have problems with delivery, you need to contact letsbuy customer care through mail/mobile. Moto India is located in Bangalore..
4. Where do this online retailers get these handset from . i mean directly or in directly from manufacturer or from some other souce
They indeed get the stocks DIRECTLY from the manufacturers, or so it says in letsbuy homepage.
5.Please explain the red or blue or green lenses thing and cm7 what is this all buzz about

Apparently Moto initially got the camera lenses from a specific manufacturer (green), then changed it to someone new (red). The red one has better compression and software support.. Most of the users who bought defys from letsbuy have reported that they have the red one, which works with CM7.. Don't need to worry..
Thank you and sorry in advance.

You are welcome and what is that sorry for? :bleh:

abhifusion said:
Well you can get htc desire for ~ 15k from saholic.com ... 18k for Defy is not at all a reasonable price ...
Please check those prices again. Desire = 15.5k (saholic)

Defy = 14.6k with free bluetooth headset (letsbuy)

And defy is better than desire only except for sense UI and GB update. So, the defy is a much better deal.

Thanks for the help guys..this form rocks.people named above are definite helpers.

But i still don't get it that how a person without having account in reliance and icici can use their names for reducing cost of the device.

any other suggestion is welcomed. like htc desire

thanks mates

rhlravi said:
Please check those prices again. Desire = 15.5k (saholic)

Defy = 14.6k with free bluetooth headset (letsbuy)

And defy is better than desire only except for sense UI and GB update. So, the defy is a much better deal.

I think defy also getting the ginger bread upgrade.

if this is true

Motorola Defy official Gingerbread ROM leaks

Those ROMs are for the DEFY II if I'm not mistaken.. We already have our 2.3.4 via CM7 or MIUI (and probably the ice cream sandwich too).. Don't worry about using the coupons, as almost all of us have bought using it (and nobody from reliance came knocking our doors to claim/sell something for the used coupon :p) ..

BTW HTC desire is also an awesome phone, but If you want a rugged/water resistant phone with better battery, go for DEFY.. For Chennai's climate, Defy would be a practical phone to have.. :)

micheal687 said:
How is the Motorola service on the android...

please put some light on the service centre and their service
Dont think i can answer that. I dont think you will need service for this one. Its very hard to break, both hardware wise and software wise :). Red lens or Green Lens dont matter for CM7 or MIUI. I think all the latest stocks of Defy came with red lens so you should get one too.

Back