Motorola Flipout @ Rs.7,499 - Worth it? + Budget Phone Query

Saw Motorola Flipout at Letsbuy today - Buy Motorola Flipout at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

Using RCOMLB1 Coupon it Comes Down to Rs.7,499

My Questions Are -
  • 1.Is it a good phone for that price? Is It the Best?
  • I compared it to another Similar priced phone - Motorola FlipOut vs. Motorola CHARM - GSMArena.com and saw that the only disadvantage is the absence of Gorilla Glass display.

Should This Be a crucial factor against the purchase?
  • I also read That Motorola Will not be releasing any froyo / Gingerbread update for flipout.Is it worth Rooting?
  • 4. Are good Cases and Screenguards available online for flipout?

My Requirements are Occasional GPS and 3g (For Downloading) ,Crisp Display with Neutral colors and Good build Quality

Last But Not The Least please recommend The best possible phone Under 3.5K (Strict :()

Consider the Galaxy pro too. Note that all these phones have sub-par displays, but the galaxy pro comes pre-loaded with froyo and it has not been confirmed whether it will get gingerbread or not(as far as i know), so there is a chance that it may.

It also has a faster processor (thought i dont know the model no. of processor, and possibly worser GPU than the SGX530 in the flipout). Camera on the pro is also slightly better, and battery life will surely be better. Thats what i can say about similar phones, but you may not get a good experience on a cheap droid.

Hmm.. Galaxy Pro Internal memory - 270MB RAM, 180MB of user-available storage

Flipout Internal memory - 150 MB storage, 512 MB RAM, 512 MB ROM

But Galaxy pro has an 800 MHz proccy while Flipout Has a 600 MHz One

According to Gsm Arena Reviews Both Displays are Sub-par :(

User opinions on GSM ARENA seem to be really bad for Motorolla Charm and Flipout. Plus they come with older Android 2.1 .

Get a Samsung Galaxy Pro, a friend of mine recently purchased one for 7500 bucks from LetsBuy . He's really-really happy with each and every feature on it :D . He got a 2GB msd card free with the phone too. Build quality seems to be pretty good too.

^do also take in consideration that the 'flipout' construction Itself looks susceptible to wear and tear.
The processor and gpu are pretty good for the price. Still it won't be of much use for the qvga screen.

Back