FS: Mobile Motorola Razr XT910 (Also considering trades)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shantanilroy

Disciple
Product Name: Motorola Razr XT910
Expected Price: SOLD
Manufacturer page URL: The New MOTOROLA RAZR - Android Smartphone - Ultra-Thin - Kevlar Protected - Overview - Motorola Mobility India
Description if any: The phone is in a very good condition. Its an Indian version. I have been with the stock Gingerbread since the start and have never rooted it. Recently, I got the option of the OTA update to ICS from Motorola and updated the firmware. Problems started soon after this. After the installation, the phone started rebooting randomly. I have tried rooting but the problem persists even with the modded ROMs. So I have restored it back to Stock ICS with RSD lite. I believe, if somebody, is able to make a complete wipe of the phone and install the stock firmware through RSDLite, this will be one heck of a phone. Accessories included are Original Handsfree, an 8GB MicroSD card, a Samsung Charger and a nice pouch. I have also ordered a bagful of accessories through Ebay GEB, will include that too or send it later.
Reason for Sale: I am not able to overcome its problems.
Product condition: Mint, with screen protector installed. The back is scratchless too. Only a small dint just below the top right corner. 8.5 out of 10
Purchase Date: October 2011, but I have lost the bill. So I guess no warranty. The phone is sold as-is.
Remaining Warranty period: None
Warranty available in: N/A
Invoice Available: No

Enter these basic information about yourself
Shipping from: Jalpaiguri, West Bengal
Shipping to: All over India, Local buyer,
Preferred courier: Bluedart and Bluedart only
Payment options: Cash bank transfer

DSC00016.jpgDSC00019.jpgDSC00020.jpg

Attached the confirmation of warranty

Motorola 1.jpg

A quick update. Just rooted the phone and much of the problem has gone with the installation of a custom. The random reboots have decreased considerably but have not been totally eliminated. Now I am sure that this must be a software problem. So guys come on. I have had it with Android and am thinking of switching to Windows phone now.

If this is a locally bought phone, dont think you need bill to claim warranty. The service centre should be able to verify with the S/N - iirc a friend recently did it this way

If this is a locally bought phone, dont think you need bill to claim warranty. The service centre should be able to verify with the S/N - iirc a friend recently did it this way
This is an Indian version phone. I registered it recently on the Motorola site where it says that its within warranty. However, I am in a very remote corner of India and have little to no access to any Motorola service centre. The nearest one in Kolkata is 600kms away. Anyways, thanks for the heads up.

This is an Indian version phone. I registered it recently on the Motorola site where it says that its within warranty. However, I am in a very remote corner of India and have little to no access to any Motorola service centre. The nearest one in Kolkata is 600kms away. Anyways, thanks for the heads up.

In which case, put up the screenshot of the warranty status (hiding the s/n and imei) and update details in your first post

#shantanilroy i am ready to buy this mobile for my friend..But i have few queries.
Like u said you have reboot issues even after installing custom rom on it. So probably it can be a hardware issue right? If not you need to provide us a testing warranty of 7 days.
I can see you are new in TE and you do not have any Itraders.. I cannot take a risk of transfering you cash first and will wait for you to ship the mobile.
You need to ship it and give me tracking number and within mins i will transfer cash in your account.

Since your mobile is with bill and warranty why dont u go to Motorola service centre and get it replaced or repaired?

#shantanilroy i am ready to buy this mobile for my friend..But i have few queries.
Like u said you have reboot issues even after installing custom rom on it. So probably it can be a hardware issue right? If not you need to provide us a testing warranty of 7 days.
I can see you are new in TE and you do not have any Itraders.. I cannot take a risk of transfering you cash first and will wait for you to ship the mobile.
You need to ship it and give me tracking number and within mins i will transfer cash in your account.

Since your mobile is with bill and warranty why dont u go to Motorola service centre and get it replaced or repaired?

Thanks for the reply and the suggestion. I shall wait for some more experimentation and then may take it to the service center. I am alright with your terms but am already in negotiations with some people, one of them local, so I would need some time. And regarding my Itrader ratings, I would like to inform everyone that my previous ID went by the name of shantanil but after the upgradation of the forum software, I could not reset my password, as I had registered with my sancharnet email ID which had ceased to exist. So I had to create a new ID. That ID is still active, but I have no way of accessing it. I had some positive itrader ratings there.
Anyways, the reason I have not taken it to the service center is because I stay about 600 kms from Kolkata, and do not plan to go there in the near future.
Any other form of help from the forum members and any pricing that you might have in your mind, is welcome via PMs.

Yes i can and i will definately help you to format and wipe and install fresh custom rom on your mobille..Checking on XDA.
Will update you soon bro..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back