Mouse not holding left click..is it fixable?

raksrules

Elite
I have Logitech M570 which is like 1.5 years old or so. Since last 2 days, I am facing an issue with it wherein it will no hold the left click. I mean it will work sometimes and not work sometimes. This is very frustrating. What may be the issue and is there something I can attempt to try and fix it?

For now I have started using my backup mouse Logitech Ergo M575 and these being trackball mouse, it is indispensable for me and I absolutely need them for my work.

Seeing this M570 causing issues, I am contemplating buying one more M575 from amazon (it is not always available but I see it is now) as backup as this is one thing I don't mind having multiple backups of and I cannot function using non track ball mouse.

A quick cleaning the switch internally with IPA should fix it. Be careful with the very thin copper plate. Don't apply to much force or bend it as it can lose its tactility.

Best of Luck Brother..

Well. It seems to have helped initially but later on it did not. In fact I feel it became worse as now some clicks are not being registered. To have a backup, I have ordered M575 from amazon India as I will be more comfortable with that being there.

Well. It seems to have helped initially but later on it did not. In fact I feel it became worse as now some clicks are not being registered. To have a backup, I have ordered M575 from amazon India as I will be more comfortable with that being there.
Bad Luck seems the Buttons are done , good that you have ordered a backup ...

Any chance I can now apply Isoproply Alcohol after I already applied WD40? I do have that at home as well.
Most definitely you can. It'll clean that shit out.

Clean that copper plate and the contact points on the switch itself using a toothbrush and IPA. Don't try bend it as shown in the video, that bit can go wrong and you generally don't need to do that.
If you don't have IPA you can even use normal hand sanitizer as well but has to be runny and not gel based. Just make sure to dry everything up.

Last edited:
Don't use WD40 it leaves a bad residue and a thick layer of it. Of course switches won't register after that. Isopropyl alcohol is the only solution.
Even IPA (IsoPropyl Alcohol) results the same. The issue here, there is no way out for the residue to drain be it WD40 or IPA.

If there are vents beneath the switch for the residue to drain out, IPA works. But I don't suggest WD-40 for sure. Best way is to replace the switches from some low-end mouse.

WD40 is degreasing agent, but most people think it greases or reduces the friction. Soon after it is applied, it degreases, and makes it smooth, but it eventually attracts all the dust again, and jams.

Even IPA (IsoPropyl Alcohol) results the same. The issue here, there is no way out for the residue to drain be it WD40 or IPA.

If there are vents beneath the switch for the residue to drain out, IPA works. But I don't suggest WD-40 for sure. Best way is to replace the switches from some low-end mouse.

WD40 is degreasing agent, but most people think it greases or reduces the friction. Soon after it is applied, it degreases, and makes it smooth, but it eventually attracts all the dust again, and jams.

But changing switches require soldering and all right? I don't think I can do that.

If you saw the video I sent the guy disassembles the switch. You can drain all you want. I actually fixed many mice which had double clicking and scrolling issues using this and another method for the scroll fix (not relevant here).

If you saw the video I sent the guy disassembles the switch. You can drain all you want. I actually fixed many mice which had double clicking and scrolling issues using this and another method for the scroll fix (not relevant here).
Agree if you remove all the parts apart, but not everyone is comfortable handling the small spares. Most people would put some IPA or WD-40 and expect miracles to happen, instead the muck settles down inside the switch, and it wont even click/press further. But in contrast, if the switch has some sort of venting hole beneath, the muck can come out.

I'm no way doubting your capabilities/skills, please don't take it as offence, nothing meant.

If you can change the Omron switches from a local Repair Shop who takes care of the soldering and desoldering part , that might do the the trick ..

Back