PC Peripherals Mouse Recommendation

I dont know much about soldering or boards, i gave it to a repair guy , he did it for me. They were puzzled and asked what that was .. since they havent got such request LOL..

I have extre two switches i think.. i got from aliexpress.

Yeah .. cant find any seller in india. Its costly too i think when i searched it last time.

Is aliexpress still possible now ? After recent bans ?

I think so, its showing shipping to india

1601982098410.png

Hmm a lot of mixed feedback here, it might confuse OP. My experience is mixed as well, with different mice over the years and wasting more than 20k behind them, one thing i can say is always go for the company which offers the best after sales service along side duration of warranty period. As it stands, Logitech is the only company who provides two years of warranty.

In respect to the double click issue, every mouse will face that issue sooner or later. It occurs due to the Indian climate more than other things. Rapid change of weather causes it. Those living in Western countries face no issues with double clicks. Some moisture or something builds up on the microswitch due rapid weather changes, resulting in the double click issue.

My recommendation will be the g304 as well. I don't like wireless mouse but that's one of the favourite of Xy (Rocket Jump Ninja) and that guy mostly knows his stuff. I would also suggest like others have above to stay away from brands like Steelseries and Razer. other important things which you didn't even mention are your hands size and what type of grip you are. Buy a mouse according to that only. For example mouse like g304 are ideal for fingertip and/ or claw but the likes of g402 etc. are for palm only. Keep that in mind. Good luck.
There is a V2 out for the mouse iirc. Has it solved the issue?

I am also in the same boat, have an year old G102 and facing double left click issue. Not getting time to get it RMAed!
Is the newer light sync model better than the original prodigy?

There is a V2 out for the mouse iirc. Has it solved the issue?
V2 of which one? I haven't read any mouse related news in last one year or something. I researched a lot before buying last year, fixated on the G Pro (wired with Hero sensor) and been using the same for nearly 1.5 years now. There was no double click issue for first 6 to 7 months but then it started occurring, as I expected. However, it went away on its own that's the good part. Still I'm sure it'll come back anytime. This costs 4600 or something and the most top tier wired mouse Logitech has made but still the issue remains.

Like I noted on last page, as long as you're living in India the double click issue will keep happening. You simply can't avoid it. It'll happen less in winter season and maximum in monsoon season. It'll happen a lot in places where humidity changes rapidly, a lot less where it doesn't. There's some spray which you can spray on the microswitch to keep it dry and rust free but i forgot its name. Also, if the problem is not severe then just use software like X-Mouse Button (XMB), does its job of ignoring rapid double clicks. If you're a pro gamer who uses AK or other assault rifles in CS then it might an issue though but as an Awp player i can avoid it.

Never go for the cheapest model from any company, at the same time it's even worse to overspend.

Sorry noob question. can you replace mouse switches and if so where to find them ?
its there in aliexpress , search for Omron switches. Go for the Omron Japan switches or the higher end Chinese ones.
I couldnt find anyone selling it in India though. If anyone knows a place which sells those switches in India , please do let me know.

Here's an option: https://www.sunrom.com/p/replacement-switch-for-mouse

The picture shows Kaiche and not Omron but the linked datasheet is indeed d2fc-f-7n. If your mouse is out of warranty, this is a great middle-ground option. I'd pay 10 rupees per 6 months, no problem

Hey did u replace the switches? i hv been having the same issue with g102

I did solder on the new switch but unfortunately, the issue has returned in under 2 weeks. So I think the switch quality is absolutely garbage tier. Oh well, just have to wait for AliExpress shipping to resume and I can get my hands on some Omron Japanese switches

Just a small advice.
When you buy peripherals pick the company with good aftersales and long warranty. Logitech wins in this department. You can just RMA for 2 years. Steelseries was really good with Faxtel (I've also met with their Delhi staff many years ago) but Acro took all the rights a few years ago. Acro basically killed Faxtel.
Anyway I've owned several mice over the years most of them were from Logitech. I currently use a Steelseries Kinzu V3 (for about 2 years now with minimal usage). It seems to be have sensor issue since it sometimes doesn't track very well. Also palm/hand comfortability is also very important and this will differ from one user to another. I plan to buy a cheaper mouse next like the Galax Xanova (900rs during sale).

I believe just like everything else no mouse is perfect. My 2 year old Logitech G102 started giving me some issues (don't remember the issue maybe it was double click but I could not use it)
I bought the cheapest Corsair gaming mouse and since I have no time/patience for RMAing I just dipped the logi in warm water and dried it for 2 days under direct sun. Since then it is working fine and I use it instead of the weird shaped corsair :D

I've been using the DELUX Wired Ergonomic Vertical Mouse for a while and I absolutely love it. If you've never tried a vertical you should give it a shot.

Razer viper mini has eliminated the dreaded issue of double click. It has optical switches, so mechanical issues (like double clicks) have less chances of occurring. The latency is also extremely low. On top of that, it is just 61 gms.
Just a small advice.
When you buy peripherals pick the company with good aftersales and long warranty. Logitech wins in this department. You can just RMA for 2 years. Steelseries was really good with Faxtel (I've also met with their Delhi staff many years ago) but Acro took all the rights a few years ago. Acro basically killed Faxtel.
Anyway I've owned several mice over the years most of them were from Logitech. I currently use a Steelseries Kinzu V3 (for about 2 years now with minimal usage). It seems to be have sensor issue since it sometimes doesn't track very well. Also palm/hand comfortability is also very important and this will differ from one user to another. I plan to buy a cheaper mouse next like the Galax Xanova (900rs during sale).

Using Xanova mensa pro. Has a damn good sensor (3389) shape's decent (small, ergo) but it is a tad hefty. Plus, wire drag slows down movement sometimes making flicks difficult.

Paracorded/wireless mice are best for flicks.

Thing is it's one of those things like WD vs. Seagate, people tend to have a subjective experience.
I bought a G402 when it first came out and it started having double-click issues with MOUSE3 within a year, the replacement I received however has been going strong for 4 years without any problem.

That being said all gaming peripherals are rip-offs and are designed to break.
Logitech used to make good mice too like the MX518, G5, G400, etc but now all their mice too suffer from issues, just not as much as their competitors like Razer and SS (Corsair too will be joining this group soon).

Currently using a 102 LS as well, it's supposed to be the new iteration of the dreaded 102, not sure if the switches have been changed but I guess I'll find out sooner or later. Looking forward to sourcing a Glorious Model O- from the US.
If only someone came out with the reliability of those old Microsoft Intellipoint mice, those switches lasted me a decade literally and here we are spending 2-3k on mice that will eventually break.
Completely agree with you ,intelli mouse is/was a cracker of a mouse ,it died on me after 10 years should have stocked it in those days alas , got a razer DA V2 has similar erogonomics to intelli , not playing games but office WFH is nice

Back