Msata powered!

sunny27

Stig's Indian Cousin!!!
Skilled
I got myself a Mydigital 64 GB Msata SSD for my Thinkpad x220. It cost me 80 USD + Rs.900 shipping + duties via Shop and Ship. Upgrading the laptop was easy.

The Mydigital msata ssd comes with a Phison controller which performs really well.

Its an excellent upgrade. There's a massive jump in the performance of the laptop. I shall post a review in near future. Let the pictures do the talking for now:-

The performance is brutally fast. this being my first ssd of any sort , I am amazed by the speed.

congrats.
<
I would love to have a look on SSD powered system because i have never seen SSD based system in my life. lol.

will drop by to your office on friday.

^^^ What are you talking about?

The firmware on the ssd is the latest along with the bios version for the x220 i.e. v.1.29

What do you mean by try your luck? the ssd is already funtioning as my os drive now and has been detected on the bios as well -- see pictures above.

http://www.mydigitaldiscount.com/mydigitalssd-64gb-50mm-bullet-proof-msata-ssd/

read it and you will understand . if you would had opened the SD link I gave you would had as such come to this page . $5 discount is given after purchase by paypal refund

If you would had purchased from them then they give you $5 back as paypal refund when you add their link as signature . But you got it from amazon so i said try your luck with them . Regarding firmware update i recommended as in its review people have complained of low speeds on which the SSD guys have recommended firmware updates for faster read write speeds . and i am not aware of your firmware version so recommended the same

hope now you get it

Not an issue -- I got the ssd for 80$ shipped to my sns account. the site you listed has shipping charges which would exceed the cost in the deal i got. all in all a highly recommended upgrade for all owners with new generation laptops provided msata storage is supported.

Google it to see if your laptop is compatible with msata ssd drivers. There are many drivers with varying capacities and varying controllers and technologies. Some msata drives may work in a specific laptop and some may not.

Back