Budget 71-90K MSI after sales service in India ?

On the laptop side, you are likely to get good service only from Dell but you have to pay a premium for the on-site service beyond 1 year, even without accidental damage.

Don't expect to get issues resolved easily with any other manufacturer. You can get it done under warranty but it will take a lot of effort.

Go for msi. Nowadays msi offers onsite services, in Bangalore they have partnered with TVS electronics and offer doorstep services. For offline they have ctdi service centers

Go for msi. Nowadays msi offers onsite services, in Bangalore they have partnered with TVS electronics and offer doorstep services. For offline they have ctdi service centers
Thing is everyone offers onsite services nowadays. Unless someone has personal experience at a specific location, it is difficult to say how it will work out when you actually face an issue. Even if they do a pickup, there is no guarantee that service will be quick and you will receive the product back within a logical timeline.

Hence, most have to go blind when taking a warranty and hope things will work out when needed.

I just received the MSI one today, there is a better variant of the MSI model on Flipkart (I7-9750H,16gb ram,144hz screen) costing just 3-4k more than the Amazon one. If you finalize on MSI would recommend to go for that model, battery life is known to be average/below par on this model but i needed it more as a portable gaming machine so went for it. Also as against standard 1 year warranty offered by other brands , this offers a 2 year warranty period by default.

A laptop is more than the sum of its parts. The Omen is the better system between the two.

True. I am also inclined towards omen. Should I wait for RTX 30 series laptop to launch ?
Those will likely not be relevant in this price range for a long time. If you were thinking of buying something above 2060-class, then it would make sense to wait. On the other hand, if you don't need something right away, the end of the month is almost here.

The 30 series laptops are being launched at a premium at present. Considering 2060 laptops came below the 1L mark only after 2 years, there is no change of 3060 being anywhere close to it even at the end of the year. Most probably the 3050 Ti will be priced below 1L but it will have only slight performance advantage over 2060. 3050 might make more sense if it is priced below the 2060 laptops, but at this stage it is all hypothetical.

Makes sense to go for a 2060 now instead, but only during sales when it comes to a few thousand below 1L. Nvidia replaces the line-up so 2060 laptops will slowly disappear but will probably become cheaper as they do so. Would recommend 2060 because of DLSS (RTX is too taxing to be useful) as it will allow you to scale-up even future demanding games to 1080p from a lower resolution without much IQ and frame-rate loss.

Back