Graphic Cards MSI closed shop in India?

matoind

Adept
I just saw a post in a different forum that a person is not getting a reply from MSI India for warranty. So I spoke to a dealer friend of mine. According to him MSI has closed shop since 31.03.2013.

Presuming that MSI has actually closed, does anyone have any idea that how will people get warranty?

Is this true ? Why ? What happenned ?

Prime does not list MSI at all in their "brands" - motherboards; GPU's however are listed (probably stocks not sold)!

WTF
in.msi.com DOES NOT EXIST ANYMORE one gets directed to their global site
http://www.msi.com/language/

:nailbiting:

^ i think they're gone for good. In any region site (Europe, USA, Global), if you click on Where to buy, you don't get India in the country drop down list for any product. Support information, etc all redirect to USA or global. So for RMA etc i guess everyone here who has bought or will buy a new MSI product from existing stocks will get screwed since the support here has also stopped.
So it means they've just decided to not sell stuff here anymore. They didn't even have the courtesy to even put a one para news thread in their global site saying Indian operations are being closed or something to that effect.

This is absolutely unacceptable. MSI had been around for at least 10-12 years (if not more). Let us wait for a few more days before we confirm things. At the moment - I simply cannot find any "news" or "press-releases" stating the obvious.

Meanwhile this is what I suggest, please refrain from suggesting any MSI product to anyone - especially if they are going in for system-builds. Similarly folks also need to be informed in the Buy/Sell/Trade section about MSI as it now becomes the hapless owners risk.

The warranty will be handled by the distributor. But things like global warranty will be history. He will support cards sold by him. So now we will have to rely on the distributor for quality of service. Earlier you could contact MSI for warranty in any area

Similar to Silicon Power, i guess. They came and seem to have shut shop now. A friend of mine bought a card, it went kaput and now we dont know where to get it RMA'd from

@SoulFire JFYI

Last edited by a moderator:
You expect the dealers and manufactures to create chaos? The moment they do this, customers will start bugging and panicking. I already see the panic.

Similar thing had happened with Fossil watches. Fossil is now directly officially in India or the things gs have been settled between them and importer. Not sure what happened to that in the end.

Back