MSI GTX470 1GB for cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebanik

Skilled
Product Name, Manufacturers code & URL: MSI GTX470 1GB.

Expected Price: Rs 8,500/-

Time of Purchase: April/May 2010

Indian warranty valid/Remaining Warranty period: Yes | Around 19 Months

Reason for Sale: Lots of graphic cards lying unused. Need money.

Purchase Invoice Available: No, but since its MSI, can easily help the buyer in getting it RMAd if something goes wrong with the help of serial number.

Product Condition: Works perfectly.

Product Location: Delhi

Preferred Courier: DTDC

Shipping Charges: Free

Payment Options: Cash, Bank transfer
index.php

index.php

Sei said:
Does this run on a VX 450 without issues?

Simply put, it can/will run. If I see your rig and its for that then just calculating your CPU + board + ram + GPU usage comes out to 325W according to this website, eXtreme Outer Vision - eXtreme tools for computer enthusiasts, and VX450's 12V rail gives 33A, so thats around 400W. I say if everything is on stock it will work but you do not have any headroom for overclocking.......When ocing, power consumption is not linear.......

thebanik said:
Simply put, it can/will run. If I see your rig and its for that then just calculating your CPU + board + ram + GPU usage comes out to 325W according to this website, eXtreme Outer Vision - eXtreme tools for computer enthusiasts, and VX450's 12V rail gives 33A, so thats around 400W. I say if everything is on stock it will work but you do not have any headroom for overclocking.......When ocing, power consumption is not linear.......

Thanks for taking out the time for a reply! Already have the GTX 260, will ask around if someone's ready to buy that first. :)

But VX 450 can be easily overloaded without risk, and on hardware secret's load testing vx 450 could take load as much as 570w before it was automatically turned off safely by itself. So IMO it should run just fine on a VX 450 and still headroom for moderate OC.

True, but there's a reason its rated at 450W and not 550W.

Overload also runs the risk of capacitor failure/aging.

dude, even 6790 and 6850 are at par and exceeding it in the order with price tag of 7.9 k and 9 k resp !!

dont u think you should revise the price for sale?

swapyworld said:
dude, even 6790 and 6850 are at par and exceeding it in the order with price tag of 7.9 k and 9 k resp !!

dont u think you should revise the price for sale?
Even 6870 is not able to completely match 470's performance, in the below links see the benchmarks, so I am not too sure where you saw 6850 matching 470's performance, but anyways the card is sold........

HD6870 vs GTX470 - Overclock3D Forums

Radeon 6870 Vs Nvidia GTX 470 - Graphics-Cards - Graphic-Displays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back