MSI Mumbai service experience - Almost a month without a resolution. What are my options?

Nolasco

Disciple
My brother purchased an MSI Bravo 15 laptop this March which started giving issues last month wherein it would randomly restart, and the discrete GPU would not be detected on either Windows or Linux.
It was painful getting in touch with MSI Service centers, firstly because none of their service centers are in the city center, and secondly, the numbers mentioned on their website would always go unanswered.
Finally got through to their centralized helpline, and they gave details of a service center in Dadar. Had to personally go there to submit the laptop as they didn't answer the calls either! Submitted the laptop
on the 22nd Sep, and they said it was a motherboard issue which had to be replaced and would take two weeks. Its been almost a month now, and they say that the replacement part they received was
defective, and so they have asked for another part which has to be shipped from Delhi, and it will take atleast another two weeks.

I asked them to provide me a standby laptop, else give me a replacement or refund but they say that they cannot do that and that I will have to wait. What are my options here? Cannot wait indefinitely
as this laptop was used for work. I thought being in a Metro city, MSI service but be atleast decent if not good, but this experience has been exactly the opposite. No onsite service just makes matters worse.
Do any of you have any contact details of someone higher up at MSI whom i could escalate this to? Also considering putting in a complaint on PG portal as some of you seem to have had success with that route.
Suggestions please.

Register a complaint here https://consumerhelpline.gov.in/. If that doesn't resolve your issue, consumer court will be your only option.
Guess this is the only option left. The MSI Service center says that they have not received replacement parts from MSI Delhi, while on email MSI have replied that the part is not in stock and they
have called for the motherboard from their China HQ. I dont know how long they expect customers to wait considering its already been about a month since the laptop was submitted to them.

Guess this is the only option left. The MSI Service center says that they have not received replacement parts from MSI Delhi, while on email MSI have replied that the part is not in stock and they have called for the motherboard from their China HQ. I dont know how long they expect customers to wait considering its already been about a month since the laptop was submitted to them.
Don't they offer onsite services for 1st year?

Similar thing happened with my Asus laptop between lockdowns last year. It took them almost roughly 20 days to procure the parts and then one part was faulty so I had to wait for its replacement. These things happen sometimes but I got my laptop back in a month, yours is taking more than a month when there is no lockdown around so should have been faster. Try consumerhelpline that another member has recommended.. this should give them a nudge.

Don't they offer onsite services for 1st year?

Similar thing happened with my Asus laptop between lockdowns last year. It took them almost roughly 20 days to procure the parts and then one part was faulty so I had to wait for its replacement. These things happen sometimes but I got my laptop back in a month, yours is taking more than a month when there is no lockdown around so should have been faster. Try consumerhelpline that another member has recommended.. this should give them a nudge.
Nope, no onsite service at all. Even getting through to their service centers offline was a challenge. Had to show up there directly since no one would answer the call! Thankfully they had one ASC in Dadar,
otherwise would have had to go to Vikhroli or Borivali. The most annoying part is that they never bother to call with an update on their own - not once in the last month have they updated me on their own.

Anyway, have put in a complaint on Pgportal as well as the consumer helpline. Hopefully that will get them to speed things up. Its ridiculous that the service the provide for a so called "Premium" laptop costing 85k is this terrible. Only happens here in India since there is no accountability or repurcussions for shoddy after sales service.

A friend had an issue with the hard disk of their Asus laptop, but thankfully that was resolved within 3 working days. In my case, its strange that they have no spare parts at all for a model thats actively
sold in the market currently and they need to call for it from China.

Wrote to him this afternoon but he said that he isn't in the laptops department so he cannot help, and asked me to write to the Msi Gaming page on FB and Insta, to which I got an automated reply with their centralized call center numbers.

Asked him if he could connect me with someone in the laptop department and he said he'd check and get back, but haven't heard back from him since then. Let's see how this plays out. If service is this terrible in metro cities, I can only imagine the plight of those in tier 2/3 cities.

MSI service sucks in India better to refrain from buying MSI stuff!
Register complaint on consumer forum. This way you can try to claim damages for delays and snail responses etc.

MSI service sucks in India better to refrain from buying MSI stuff!
Register complaint on consumer forum. This way you can try to claim damages for delays and snail responses e
Yeah, service is terrible! I sent them an email asking for replacement or refund and they've replied saying "We have requested factory to procure MB and will try to sort out the issue asap. As an exceptional case, we will try to extend warranty for number of days delayed in RMA service". Notice that they have used "try" in both cases - so no actual commitment there either! I dont understand how these companies
get away with selling brand new laptops, and then claim no spares available at all, and make us wait for weeks / months to get the issue sorted.

Bought this one since it was to be used for programming and there weren't many options for 8 core /16thread processors with decent graphics, in March.

MSI laptop service is nearly non-existent in India. My brother bought a cheap 27k MSI laptop around eight years back and the company didn't have keyboard parts just 2 years after the launch of the model.

Just avoid MSI products in future. It definitely has the worst service amongst all known laptop brands.

Taking time to procure parts two years later is still understandable, but to not have parts for a current selling laptop which isn't even six months old is ridiculous. Received an update on email from
them today that they have shipped the system to their HQ in Delhi to have the issue sorted on priority. Lets see how much longer they take. Haven't heard back from the Consumer help line or PG portal yet.

Update: 1.5 months and the issue is still not sorted. They now say that they werent able to solve the issue so they have sent the laptop to HQ in Delhi
to get the issue sorted and will extend warranty by the amount of time the laptop is with them (Which doesnt solve anything, specially since they arent
even giving a standby system). They've sent the same reply to the consumer helpline as well. Not sure what can be done here except wait for them.
Don't know how these companies get away with such things!

So I got a call today from someone at the MSI Delhi office and they said that they have received the wrong board from HQ which supports only upto Ryzen 4600H instead
of Ryzen 4800H and asked me whether I'd accept that instead. They said they could send back my laptop this way, and in the "future", they will call for the correct board
and call for my laptop again and change it back to the 4800H. I flatly refused and asked for a refund or a replacement which they denied saying that they only work on a "repair" basis and do not issue refunds or replacements. They said it will take another 2-3 weeks to procure the correct board.

I followed up with the guys at Pgportal and the consumer helpline and they said that the company has just responded to their email saying "Required part is not available. We are trying our best for a quick solution". They said that the only recourse apart from waiting is to go ahead and file a case in consumer court.

Does anyone here have any experience with filing a case with the consumer court? I believe theres a fee of Rs 5000 to file the case + advocate charges etc. Any contacts
that any of you guys have will be helpful. This is getting beyond ridiculous now.

I filed one case online against my isp in Feb and only in Aug my isp agreed to give me free extension for the period suffered. I kept continuously following up and left in between for 2-3 months. Consumer cell told me to send warnings and case related emails but in todays nobody gives a shit to such things. Its only my regular bombarding, harsh insulting words paid off tbh the idiot nodal contacted me promising something. SO unsure if consumer court actually was useful or not.

I think consumer cell and consumer court are different. Pg portal is the consumer cell where they just keep sending warning emails to the companies every week. I've been following up with them and all they've told me is to either keep sending them reminder emails or to file a complaint in consumer court for compensation. I mostly will do it just to teach these guys a lesson (but considering fines are minimal, I doubt it will make any difference to them at all).

I am so disheartened by such experiences. People do not show any urgency in India nor do they hold themselves accountable for providing services. And I am not talking about just MSI or laptops. I have experienced this with Bike parts, home theater, TV, Mixer grinder etc.

I am so disheartened by such experiences. People do not show any urgency in India nor do they hold themselves accountable for providing services. And I am not talking about just MSI or laptops. I have experienced this with Bike parts, home theater, TV, Mixer grinder etc.
almost everybody feels demotivated..

Back