msn messenger down over weekend

Safin

Skilled
Wize guy xto now you know :tongue:

The whole msn services were down yesterday due to a so called human error over at microsoft while they were installing some routers to make the service reliable... :rolleyes:

Technicians were installing routers to upgrade the .Net Messenger service, which underlies both Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger. The technicians incorrectly configured the routers. Service was out from 9 am to 2 pm Eastern time on Monday. Ironically, the routers were being installed to make the service more reliable.

BTW for future this is a good place to check out for this kinda stuff :

Service status

Yo,
yeah yeah whatever:p
I dont know where i placed da screenshot....
but i was logged in while u all wer'nt:p

Unfortunately(fortunately for u :p ) i aint able ta locate da screenshot.
Will post it here as soon as i find it.

4 Those Who Didn't Knew...
If your mouse's right click has stopped working or your volume controls are behaving oddly lately, blame it on MSN Messenger and the Bropia worm that sends itself to contacts on the Messenger contact list.
Security firm Symantec has labeled the worm, discovered on January 19, as low-damage and medium-spread. The worm when executed prevents the task manager from being started and searches for files like adaware.exe, VB6.exe, Iexplore.exe and Win32.exe. It then drops and executes the W32.Spybot.worm. The spybot variant is executed when Windows starts.
The worm also tries to copy itself to the C:\ and Systems folder as Drunk_lol.pif, Webcam_004.pif, sexy_bedroom.pif, naked_party.pif or love_me.pif.
It then monitors for changes in the status of the MSN contacts and sends copies of itself to the contacts in Messenger. It also disables the right mouse button so you cannot right click to access context sensitive menus.
According to F-Secure, Spybot that the worm drops in the PC can be used as a backdoor, collecting system information, logging keystrokes and relaying spam and for various other purposes. It can also manipulate Windows mixer volume settings.
Source: TechTree

http://www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/showstory.jsp?storyid=57314

Back