MTNL -Delhi

Im on 256 Unltd Plan costing me 949 Rs+ Taxes.....been using it with dload speeds upto 200kbps on torrents/otherwise...suddenly since 2-3 days my dload speed is capped at 25-26 kbps....is this an issue? or this is another MTNL duping ppl ploy...
nebody else with the same prob?:mad:

ReekingArchvile said:
Im on 256 Unltd Plan costing me 949 Rs+ Taxes.....been using it with dload speeds upto 200kbps on torrents/otherwise...suddenly since 2-3 days my dload speed is capped at 25-26 kbps....is this an issue? or this is another MTNL duping ppl ploy...

You have just been capped. You normally get only a max of 32(=256/8 ) kBps speeds on a 256 kbps connection. You were previously uncapped due to a bug in MTNL's systems or probably they overlooked it over the server side. They monitor bandwidth usage by people and cap the ones they overlooked after they cross a certain threshold. I was capped after one month of downloads at 1800 kBps :bleh:. Enjoy while it lasts.

ReekingArchvile said:

lol...well, you were erroneously synced at 2mbps whereas you were entitled for just 256kbps(32kBps)...now they have rectified it and you are getting what you have paid for...good you got to enjoy 2mbps unlimited...:)

Back