MTNL Mumbai quietly shifts DSL unlimit 450 plan to 512kbps all time

@MAGNeT

I think it was not a loophole but they had mentioned that the speed bumps in evening and night was till September 2013 or so. I also thought it would stay but guess what it does not. :(

@MAGNeT

I think it was not a loophole but they had mentioned that the speed bumps in evening and night was till September 2013 or so. I also thought it would stay but guess what it does not. :(
Loophole in the sense plans where they were making heavy loss.MTNL is a loss making entity.These speed bumps was on from past almost 2 years if i remember correctly.Every month it used to update till month end.But finally they closed the offer.
Atleast they should have increased speed to 768kbps for that time atleast.

Now i have to seriously look for 3g plans and expense.

hey guys isn't this cheating??
can't we do something?

Not really defending MTNL but they had this written on the tariff page already that they will discontinuing the speed bump from end of that month. As @MAGNeT told that they were always updating the month since last 2 years, it was their call. So technically it is not cheating. It is like you missed the fine print.
Anyways yes 512 kbps sucks. When i would go to Mumbai, i would schedule my downloads for evening (1 Mbps) and night (2 Mbps) but now nothing like that.
This change does not affect me much as of now since i do not stay in Mumbai except few days of the month. But if i were to be staying there all the time, i would have definitely switched plans.

Not really defending MTNL but they had this written on the tariff page already that they will discontinuing the speed bump from end of that month. As @MAGNeT told that they were always updating the month since last 2 years, it was their call. So technically it is not cheating. It is like you missed the fine print.
Anyways yes 512 kbps sucks. When i would go to Mumbai, i would schedule my downloads for evening (1 Mbps) and night (2 Mbps) but now nothing like that.
This change does not affect me much as of now since i do not stay in Mumbai except few days of the month. But if i were to be staying there all the time, i would have definitely switched plans.
The only other plan available is 995combo..

The other plans are all FUP plans..

The only other plan available is 995combo..

The other plans are all FUP plans..

Yeah as i said, i am not changing plans for an internet connection which lies dormant for like 90% of the time.
Also anyone who is planning to shift to the 995 plan read this very very carefully..
Code:
Download Speed during night for  DSL_Unlimited_995_Combo valid from 01/10/2013 to 30/10/2013.

Do not expect MTNL to extend this, consider this as all time 1 Mbps plan and just assume the night 2 Mbps is bonus and can go away any time.

I know about the fine print but i think they were atleast offering 1mbps after 6 or 12 before the 2mbps promotion weren't they??
can anyone confirm?

Reliance is offering 1mbps at 549/-

I know about the fine print but i think they were atleast offering 1mbps after 6 or 12 before the 2mbps promotion weren't they??
can anyone confirm?

It was a promotion offer - it ended - deal with it, if you feel you are happier with reliance, then do it, i moved away too.

I was happy with 1 mbps speed on mtnl .I have stopped keeping comp ons late nights.Atleast streaming video wont have suffer that much.

Also companies offer cheap plan but it finally lands into FUP.
Also plans where there is a limit of download i never trust.I was on hathway internet for almost 4-6 years and only period i remembered clearly is when my almost 2 gb carry forward was stolen by them and i have no means to prove they were lying.The next month i became man on mission and slowly i pulled out 10 of my neighbours from hathway to MTNL.Those day even a basic plan used to give 2 mbps speed and we partied than.
Obviously somewhere or the other they were making loss.

Regarding Reliance i dont trust a iota of them.4 times i gave my document for wimax connection and they just stole my identity documents to never touch me backI dnt know whether there are 1000 of sims based on my documents or not.

I am guessing there will be new announcements around Diwali.
I am not too happy with the change but it will not hurt me much as I don't download heavily. What I do need is uptime for online gaming especially Dota2 and the local cable operators fail at that pathetically. I do miss the unmetered DC++.

As already mentioned, there are other plan options and competing ISPs. Choose what works out best for you.

@impulse1992 , I had joined the 550 unlimited combo plan way back when it used to cost something like 495/499. It was 512 kbps for the entire 24hr period at the beginning but the promotion has been going on for a lot of time and I guess people got too used to it.

I am guessing there will be new announcements around Diwali.
I am not too happy with the change but it will not hurt me much as I don't download heavily. What I do need is uptime for online gaming especially Dota2 and the local cable operators fail at that pathetically. I do miss the unmetered DC++.

As already mentioned, there are other plan options and competing ISPs. Choose what works out best for you.

@impulse1992 , I had joined the 550 unlimited combo plan way back when it used to cost something like 495/499. It was 512 kbps for the entire 24hr period at the beginning but the promotion has been going on for a lot of time and I guess people got too used to it.

This is what i wanted to know thanks a lot m8 :)

Although i hope some new plan comes in Diwali but i feel otherwise. Also MTNL usually had new plans and such in Independence day time and all but that never came.
So have least to no expectations for diwali.

ok guys called the 1504 CC
they gave me the number of Mr. Purohit who is DM or GM(didn't hear properly) of Broadband services

Damn the good days gone:(. on 550 combo plan and i was wondering since few days, y in a heck the speed doesnt boost up past evening:bored:.

Last edited:
can anyone confirm?

In mumbai?

Reliance has never responded in my case.. I've tried to contact them multiple times..

Back