Multicore Processors

Corsair MP600 PRO NH at 10298 + amazon ICICI CC discounts.

Does not have many reviews and some reviews might say its top tier ( and competing with KC3000) but its not exactly that as they switched to slower flash. But has TLC + DRAM + PCIE4 and should be faster/competitive with SN580/SN770 (as per @guest_999) and with higher sequential speeds.

Good enough for me and faster than other options at this price. We never got usa type deals here.
oh.. you are talking about M2 .. as was thinking about Sata

oh.. you are talking about M2 .. as was thinking about Sata
Should make no difference for cloning. Reflect is very nice software, have also used it a couple of times to repair windows startup when i was messing around.
Only thing to note is that update support for free version is ending this year i think.

Corsair MP600 PRO NH at 10298 + amazon ICICI CC discounts.

Does not have many reviews and some reviews might say its top tier ( and competing with KC3000) but its not exactly that as they switched to slower flash. But has TLC + DRAM + PCIE4 and should be faster/competitive with SN580/SN770 (as per @guest_999) and with higher sequential speeds.

Good enough for me and faster than other options at this price. We never got usa type deals here.
I'm curious as to the warranty slip for the ssd properly lists the serial number? The price seems again like they're clearing out old stock.

I'm curious as to the warranty slip for the ssd properly lists the serial number? The price seems again like they're clearing out old stock.
SSD packaging slip has matching serial no. And import month was october i think.
Few other items that i ordered did not have serial no and i need to contact them. Irritating.

Anyway, its decent price, but not necessarily a steal, compared to what USA guys got few months back when prices fell like crazy one last time and bottomed. ( SN850 2TB at 90$ i think)

This is off-topic, strictly speaking; but don't think this really merits a new thread. So, leaving it here and to the mods to move (sorry for the potential trouble), in case this gains enough traction in discussions.

I got reminded of typing this:
unless there's a new technique to improve performance or efficiency or whatever the market is looking for, without increasing number of cores.
as I was watching the recent video from Hardware Unboxed comparing impact of cache vs cores on gaming.

I also remember reading this review of the 5800x3D showcasing the impact of cache on other applications on Linux.

It does seem like cache could be a significant selling point, if not already; and if the gaming industry AND the professional tools/softwares industry manages to help sell enough of these fat-on-cache processors, I don't know if the general consumer applications might could be designed for more cache, so much so that no RAM speed or capacity would make up for it.

I bet Chrome would use some cache; but that's simply because Chrome seems like the app that'd use anything and ask for more. I haven't used any professional softwares such as for video editing, 3d rendering, etc. so I don't know where more cache could be of help. But, I'm interested to know; so kindly share what you do.

Thanks!

Back