Music phone (weird requirements) for 3.5K.

khaleelda1

Disciple
Hello guys!

The requirement is of a music phone for my friend who is on bike most of the time.
So he would be using handsfree(wired ofcourse) taking calls, most of the time and listening to music in between.

So the basic requirement is,
1) Handsfree should be bundled (preferably 3.5mm jack)
2) Handsfree should have in-ear buds (MUST)
3) Music should pause automatically when taking a call, and then resume thereafter. (stupid i know :()
4) Making custom playlists on the go, preferred
5) Overall sound quality (inbound & outbound) should be good. (even on bike rides)

GPRS although not required, but wudnt hurt, (just to check mails)
Camera not required at all
i heard samsung corby is around 3.5... i never thought full touchscreens are available in this range
but if available then hell yeah!! :eek:hyeah:
Thanks in advance!

Samsung Champ C3303i. Available for Rs.2,966 after discount at letsbuy.com

Has a 3.5mm jack and according to reviews has pretty good sound quality. Full touchscreen, EDGE and a 1.3MP Camera.

Regarding 3), AFAIK, most phones do that.

Samsung champ available for Rs 3489 on letsbuy here.

should i bother trying to get a better deal in the local market OR is this as good as it gets??

Also....why is RCOMLB1 coupon not working for this product? (buying first time on letsbuy, so excuse me if i am missing something obvious)

@manu1991 :

which coupon are you using?

@nanoneo:

I tried letsbuy15 too....no luck

@major9 :

yup the touch interface is pretty good!!

@emperor:

i have decided on the samsung champ, now looking for the best price.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

RCOMLB1 is working now!

i guess the problem was that i was not signed in :ashamed:

Samsung champ delivered today. Packaging was top notch.

Cute little phone.

Touch is usable. (But worlds apart from the capacitative screens....no comparison)

No memory card bundled :(

In-ear buds looks sweet, three sizes available.

NO DATA CABLE !!!! Grrrrrr... (the charger could have doubled as a USB data cable, but NOooo they cudnt do that!!)

Samsung apps supported.

Cudnt check it out throughly as its for a friend.

overall, a sweet package for 3K!! happy !! :D

[attachment=9272:15928.attach]

Attachments

• Photo0396.jpg
    Photo0396.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 116
For the price you cant get a better screen! The speakers are good :)

You can get any generic micro USB off ebay for ~Rs.90 and use it with it. It also charges when connected to PC unlike low end Nokia ones.

DarkAngel said:
For the price you cant get a better screen! The speakers are good :)

You can get any generic micro USB off ebay for ~Rs.90 and use it with it. It also charges when connected to PC unlike low end Nokia ones.

i have a microsd lying around so thats no issues....

any suggestions as to where i can get the data cable and indicative price pls.

thanks in advance.

@khaleelda1

I also want to buy a basic phone with good sound quality for my music needs. And Samsung Champ has a built in antenna for FM. Does that means, Will it tune to FM stations without any attached ear phone ? I want a phone which can tune to FM stations without anything attached. Overall how is the phone ? And how is the battery backup and do you have any specific issues with the phone ?

And frankly speaking I have 2 Samsung phones bought 2-3 years back. And I'm not satisfied with their network reception quality. But technology has changed most in few years. So I'm cautious for another Samsung phone. I have seen Nokia has the BEST network reception quality than Samsung also better battery backup.

...this phone was for my friend so i dont actually have a full-use experience, i just opened the box and powered it own to check it before i delivered it. Unfortunately i dint check FM. Also i cannot comment on the battery.

Having used wave and now streak, i would say the champ can be hard to get used to ....

Back