raksrules

Elite
Music will now sound better

Head Direct...err HiFi Man RE2 + FiiO E5 combo from headdirect.com

Better pics later :ashamed:

This is from my crappy camera of sciphone :p

Delivery Time: 2.5 Days from the payment date :hap2:

Damages : 64$

Sorry for my ignorance, thanks a ton Faheem and Metalspree for helping me out in my decision. I had bugged them via PM :ashamed:

^^ Yup weekend pe i will first test if it works fine and also the E5 and if all is ok then will charge my MP3 player and put in the burn-in files and keep it doing its task. :)

I don't know much about burn-in. On the link given above which all files i need to download for burn in purpose. Only white and pink noise will do ?

^ yes only white noise and pink noise will do. i used only pink noise for my RE2's burn-in.

congrats for your purchase! :D

i have had over 60 hours of burn-in for my RE-2 now and they sound amazing. :D

it has an insane amount of detail.

now im just waiting for my E5 to arrive, it should be here soon.

I have charged my MP3 player and put in those noises.....will be running it for the battery life of my player :p

First i though i would keep the player on and run through all the songs i have on that thing. Is that a good idea or i should specifically play only this white and pink noises in repeat mode ??

there is no specific way of burn-in. you can also play songs. some people just put on pink noise and let it run for hours. some like to listen their way through the burn in, so they play songs. but if you are not going to be listening to it, does it even matter what is being played on it?

what i did was play pink noise over the night. when i wanted to listen to music, i just played my songs on it.

whatever you play, just dont play it on high volume. medium-low volume would be good.

I am having problems putting those silicon buds. The holes seem to be too small :(

I fear damaging the earphones while putting those buds

^ yeah thats a real pain. took me a while to change the tips. the holes are quite small and require effort to put it on.

even i feared breaking the earphones, but managed to change them somehow. dunno how to explain, but try to insert it a little 'perpendicular' if you get what i mean. even then a few twists here and there are required.

although holes are small and takes a while to put them on, i think its good because the buds wont come off easily afterward.

At what volume level this "burn-in" is to be done ?

just dont play it on high volume. medium-low volume would be good.

Got it :)

Ok Guys...now i know why all of you were insisting on using the E5. I used only the RE2 (still not burned in, had kept the white and pink noise overnight for like 7-8 hrs) for like 2-3 hrs listening since morning when i was out. The RE2 lacks the bass punch if you are used to it. Since my previous was the w800i with megabass this lack of bass is something i cannot live with. So just tried the E5 in between with bass boost. Thank god things are now fine :)

So any prospective buyers of RE2 plz get the E5/E3 also

Talking about detailing, i would echo viralbug's words, it is insane. i heard Genda Phool and at the very start there is this bird chirping, where were these birds when i used my EP 630 :eek:hyeah:

blr_p said:
At what volume level this "burn-in" is to be done ?

just dont play it on high volume. medium-low volume would be good.

Got it :)

well, i cant exactly say what volume to set. thats different for every player.
the point that i just wanted to convey was too high a volume would be harmful.

Back